10

{Chapter 10 - Protective Friends And Dances To Remember}

 I woke up to pitch black once again, feeling nothing but fear. I had always hated the dark and the thought of being alone and he knew that. Nik knew what I was afraid of and used it as some sort of sick punishment and I just couldn't wait for it to be over. I didn't know how long it had been, I tried to stay asleep but I was running out of ways to stay that way, and with all that energy my thoughts ran wild remembering things from hundreds of years ago I was surprised I even still had the capability of remembering. I heard something from far away, and no matter how far away I still knew what it was, I didn't know whether to be afraid or relieved. I heard two sets of footsteps and began to wonder what was going on, who would be with him.

 "Rise and shine sweetheart." The door unlocked and I used all the energy I had pent up inside and rushed out the door, slamming into him as hard as I could, forcing Nik into the cement behind him. I heard a groan of pain and smiled softly, happy he got some sort of pain from everything that had happened. "Now what was that for?" He decided to play dumb and it took everything in me not to snap his neck and make a run for it. 

 "What the hell do you mean 'what was that for'? What the bloody hell do you think it was for Nik?! I don't know let's think, maybe it was for being an ass hat and dragging me around everywhere, or maybe it was for throwing me in a dark cell with no food or water for god knows how long! Help me think, what else would I be pissed about?" I screamed so loud I'm pretty sure the vampires on the other side of the world heard me. I stood there waiting for something, anything, to come out of his mouth, but no noise showed the slightest hint of escaping. Instead I heard a gasp and felt a pair of hands grab at my arms.

 "Emmaline, what happened?" I heard Elijah as he turned me around to face him, pulling me slightly into his chest in a protective manner. I let him wrap his arm around my waist and hold onto me as I turned around and looked at Nik, waiting for him to say something to explain.

 When I realized he wasn't going to say anything I spoke up instead. "Your idiot of a brother decided to lock me up in that stupid cell and leave me there for I don't even know how long because I was passed out from lack of food and water half the time." I could see both of there features change, both of them thinking about something. When Elijah asked me why I once again looked at Nik, not understanding myself.

 "So, I see you knew." Was all he said, probably feeling betrayed by his brother yet again.

 "Of course I knew. What, do you think she just magically knew your exact location and how close you were to her? How do you think she stayed under your radar for that long." Nik just scoffed and walked away, muttering something about leaving and getting me something to eat.

 After we stopped for some well needed food, we went back to the vampire hunters apartment, to be greeted by Katerina and some music. I could see the look on Katerina's face and could instantly tell what she was feeling for the original in a suit. When she looked at me all of that look left as relief filled her features, and she rushed over into my arms, not even caring about the other two in the room. "God, I thought he killed you or something." She looked up slightly to speak before burying herself in my arms once again. "Do you know how boring the end of my life would be without you suffering with me?"

 "I'm here, Little Katina. I'm right here." I chuckled, griping her back just as tight. "I'm also glad to know that's how deep our friendship goes." She smacked my arms a little and laughed while growling slightly.

 "You know that's not what I meant." She kind of looked like she realized who she just almost broke down in front of, and straightened up. I could also feel the eyes of the two men in the room. They had gotten settled down over at the bar in Alaric's home, just watching us. I could see the wheels turn in Katerina's head when a certain song came on, and knew she was about to have fun while I would be stewing in a pot of my own misery. "Oh my god. Emma it's our song!!" She dragged me over to the middle of the room and started singing.

 (A/N This is the song in the video btw. It's Daughters of Darkness by Halestorm. I heard it and this scene popped in my head and I love it so much.)

 "Na-na-na-na-na Na-na-na-na-na" She started to sway a little bit, trying to get me to dance with her. "We came to battle baby, we came to win the war. We won't surrender till we, get what we're looking for. We're blowing out our speaker, there goes the neighborhood. A little scissor happy, little misunderstood." She continued to sing the lyrics, forcing me to move my arms around, I could hear chuckling in the background. "Come on, please! Just like old times?" She hit me with a look I couldn't resist and soon enough I had started singing and moving around to the beat.

We both turned around and started dancing and pointing towards the men in the room as we sang the chorus. "We can turn you on, Or we will turn on you. Daughters of darkness, Sisters insane, A little evil Goes a long, long way. We stand together, No we're not afraid, We'll live forever. Daughters of darkness, Daughters of darkness." We continued to dance and sing until about three quarters of the song, when Elijah appeared behind Katerina, and Nik behind me. Nik grabbed my hand and spun me out, like we were dancing at a ball, before spinning me all the way back facing him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him, waiting for Elijah to drag Katina out of the room. I kind of wanted to listen into what they were talking about, but I knew I already had my hands full.

 "So, I was talking with Elijah." He started swaying us to the end of the song, and I rested my arms around his neck, trying to be as comfortable as I could in this situation. I nodded, not really knowing what he wanted me to say. "He says you have a reason for leaving that you wouldn't even tell him?" He continued to sway us to the beat, and I continued to nod my head. "Now, what would be so important that you couldn't even tell the man who helped you 'die'?" I shrugged my shoulders.

 "I don't know what you're trying to accomplish, you're not going to find out and even if you did it wouldn't solve anything." He looked at me confused, about to speak, but I cut him off. "You don't get it Nik." I pushed off of me slightly. "I can't tell you, and even if I did it wouldn't take away any of your pain. I left you, I get it, and I'm sorry, but I'm not going to tell you so just leave it. Stop asking me questions about the whole situation because even though you might think it, you weren't the only one hurt that night. Dragging up the memories constantly isn't gonna help either of us, so please, just stop." I knew he wasn't going to stop, but I also knew from the look in his eyes that he was done for now. 

 We continued to dance peacefully, with my head on his chest and his arms hugging me into his body for a couple more songs, and I found myself thinking if this is what it would've been like if I hadn't left. Would I have gotten to see this side of him more often, because I could tell I was running his already nonexistent patience into extinction.

 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

 A little while later Stefan came bursting in yelling about how he needed a cure for a werewolf bite, and how Damon didn't have long until he couldn't be saved, apparently he had gotten bit by a werewolf while trying to stop the ritual that had happened while I was locked up. I found myself in the arms of Katerina that night as I watched Niklaus strike a bargain with Stefan Salvatore. Stefan had to do whatever Nik said and he would give him his blood which turned out to be the cure for a werewolf bite to a vampire. Without Nik's blood Damon would die. I also found out that I was missing for two days, in that time Niklaus had broken a curse that had held back his werewolf side for over a thousand years, so now he was a vampire-werewolf hybrid, the first and only of his kind for the time being. Katerina was given the cure to give for Damon, and compelled to come back, but since she was on vervain, a poison to vampires that doesn't allow compulsion, she was just allowed to leave and while no one thought she would give the cure to Damon, I knew she would. Elena was now dead because of the ritual and Stefan was left without love yet again, I found it quite tragic, yet also great knowing that my love life wasn't the only one torn to pieces.

 Now me and Nik sat watching as Stefan ripped some poor girls head off before leaving this town. Though I was planning on just leaving in general, away from Damon, Nik, and everyone else in this annoying little town, this would have to do for now. I'm not even sure where we're going, but as long as there are no more people I've disappointed around, no more people I can hurt, it will be better than here.