1

{Chapter 1 - The Perfect Dress To Get Kidnapped In}

"Hey!" A very familiar voice boomed to me through the speaker on my phone.

"Damon? Damon Salvatore?" His chuckle rang through my ear, letting me know that my best friend for the past 60 or so years

was the one the one on the other side of the screen. "Well, I'll be damned."

"Aren't you already damned?" He said as I walked out of the bookstore I had just visited. Recently I began getting into Rick Riordan's books and I had just ran up and down the streets of New York trying to find a bookstore that had his latest novel, they were actually quite interesting.

"Says you." Laughter erupted from both sides at the fact that both of us knew was true. I situated my bag, that now had a couple new books in it, to a more comfortable position on my shoulder. "So, what can I do for you My Lord?" With an English accent dominating my tongue, the words just spoken sounded incredibly dramatic.

"Well, My Lady, I'm so glad you asked." His failed attempt at my accent had the people on the streets looking at me like I was insane from the amount of laughter that was seeping through my lips, but let's be honest, they aren't wrong.

"Please don't ever do that again." Calming down the horrendous noises, people started to go back to what they were doing before they so rudely began staring. Hearing some shuffling on the other end, I debated whether or not to listen in, however the choice was taken away as the noise quickly subsided before given the chance.

"So I have some new." He took the silence as a hint to continue. Unlocking the door to my apartment, I began to put my belongings away. "We're gonna kill Katherine. I know you had a past with her, but I'm not really sure what kind of relationship you two have. So, whether you want in or maybe want to say goodbye I was just calling to let you know." He was silent for a moment, I knew he had something else to say so I waited patiently for him to continue. "Also, I miss you, and I could use a friendly face right about now." It took less than a second for him to get a response.

"I'll be there in an hour." With that the call was ended as I began to pack, not knowing how long this trip was going to be. I knew that if Katerina, A.K.A. Katherine, was involved so would the annoying little town of Mystic Falls. Everyone who had ever lived there, at least in the supernatural world, had either died there, or known someone who died there. Mystic Falls was probably worse than New Orleans, the small town was a magnet for danger and death, and here I was waltzing right into it for the black haired Salvatore.

My relationship with complicated, which was necessary as we were too. At first I hated her with every fiber of my being, however after running from the same person for quite some time, we grew close and now I consider her to be one of my closest friends. Different people had known different parts of my secret, of my past, only one person on earth knew the whole story. Katerina happened to be the one that knew the most emotional part of the story, and did amazing things with the information that was given to her.

I had arrived at the Salvatore Boarding House in Mystic Falls, Virginia in an hour, exactly as I said. Walking into the house, several people could be sensed in the living room, so playing it safe I simply called out to him, hoping not to be attacked once they knew someone else was in their house. "Damon? Hello?" I turned the corner into the living room and saw him standing there next to his brother Stefan, a blonde girl, and someone who looked an awful lot like Katerina just without the heartbeat.

"Em?" He saw me and met me halfway through the living room into a long awaited and anticipated hug. Feeling his arms around me was something I had missed over the years, no matter how much I hated it, I could never stay in one place too long, meaning I was never able to stay with a group of people long enough to become friends.