18

Chapter 18 [unedited]

  After I woke up, me and Nik came up with a few different plans for the night of homecoming. We knew we couldn't depend on anything going our way, so we planned for everything to Mikael actually being daggered to if he was somehow invited into the Lockwood house.

  We also were the only two that knew anything about the plans we had. Rebekah and Ezra couldn't be trusted, and while I agreed that Rebekah couldn't be trusted, I knew that Ezra wouldn't do anything like that. Nik still felt as though we were the only two that could have anything to do with it, just in case, so against my better instincts, I didn't tell Ezra a thing.

  As homecoming night rolled around, me and Nik walked around the Lockwood property, arm in arm, as his hybrids, as well as some high school students, showed up. Nik's original plan was to keep all his hybrids close, but as I pointed out him, hybrids can be compelled, and Mikael knew this. So the hybrids were there, yes, but we knew at some point in the night, they would no longer be ours to control. 

  "C'mon Nik! Please?" I was trying to convince him to dance with me. Of course he was being stubborn, said dancing at a high school dance was never something he felt the need to do, but I knew I could convince him if I whined enough.

 "I already told you sweetheart. I' not dancing." Despite what he said and how annoyed he tried to sound, he couldn't wipe a smile off his face. 

 "Please? For me?" I looked up at him through my lashes, slowly watching his resolve break. Soon enough he grabbed my hand and pulled me out into the sea of people, and we started to dance, me giggling the entire time.

  His arms wrapped gently around me as his breath tickled my neck for the twentieth time tonight. The both of us being so lost in the moment that the threat of mikael was long forgotten, at least for that small moment.

  "Mr. Klaus." One of the hybrids appeared out of the corner of my eye. "Mr. Klaus?" A deep growl rumbled out of the hybrid in question's chest.

  "Can't you see I'm a little busy here Mindy?" His grip on my waist tightened, resorting to ignoring the girls existence.

  "There's someone here to see you. He said his name was mikael." Nik and I both froze as we caught each others gaze.

  "Then we mustn't keep him waiting." He pulled out of my grasp before walking into the residence he had taken over for the night, whilst I wondered over to get a drink and keep watch over those of the mystic falls gang that chose to remain at the homecoming dance. I had one more thing to do before heading over to Nik.

**********************

  Hearing Mikael's voice again sent shivers down my spine, and a throbbing pain to my skull. And seeing him, with Nik's hybrids compelled to his side as he taunted Nik from outside the house he was not invited into almost made me drop to my knees. Almost.

  What I never imagined, however, was that as I watched him from afar, setting my own plan into place, an sense of almost relief washed over me.

  This would be the last time I ever had to hear his voice again.

  "Now, I recognize that the little wench doppelganger is less important to you than your life. Let's see if anything else is less important to you than yourself!" The monster spat out at Nik as he tossed the body of a dead doppelganger, which I quickly realized was Kat pretending to be Elena meaning she wasn't actually dead, aside.

  A inaudible gasp left my mouth as he pulled out a wooden stake and pressed it into the stomach of his newest victim.

  "Now. Will you sacrifice the life of your friend for your own?" As I hid in the shadows, just out of sight from Mikael, Ezra's eyes locked with mine.

  "Kill him. See if I care." His voice wavering seeing his long time friend as the mercy of his mothers husband. Ezra's eyes widened towards the stake that now scraped gently against his rib cage.

  "Really? You wouldn't even come out of your cowardly hiding spot for the best friend of the woman you claim to love." My eyes widened. He was doing this because of me. He was using my family as a way to get to Nik, just like he did that night. I guess some things never change.

  "But I suppose I understand why." His words caused a stall in my breath. "I mean, you claim that she loves you. And yet... She was the one that left you. Even now, she does not stand here beside you, she hides. Like the cowardly little girl she is." Just a few more seconds. That's all I need. Just hold on Ezra. A few more seconds.

  "That's the thing, Mikael." Nik spat out his name as if it were poison in his mouth. "My girl is here with me," I stepped out of the shadows, watching as fear seeped into Mikael's eyes. "She always has been, and always will be. Because see, Unlike you?" He stepped out of the house, joining my side. "I don't need to beat my wife to get her to want my love."

  Mikael's eyes widened as a stake shot through the heart of a vampire. A scream lingering in the night.

  "Ezra!" My voice was shaking as I ran to his fallen body, gripping his arms with every ounce of strength in me. I ripped the stake out of him.

  "Rose? Is he...?" I heard Nik speak behind me. I barely heard him. I couldn't think.

  "He's dead?" Ezra's voice filled my ears as I held him to me, watching Mikael's body burn.

  "Finally." Damon came out from the house. "I thought I was gonna have to sit in there forever and listen to you two bitch back and forth at each other!"

  "Damon!" I yelled as I ran up to him. "You remember the deal right?" He nodded, sighing.

"Remind me again why I'm giving you the only chance we are getting to kill our enemy?" He groaned, handing me the white oak stake Mikael had given him earlier.

"Because you love me?" His eyes narrowed. "And because Nik will let your brother out if his compulsion if you help us kill Mikael." His head rolled back. Knowing his brother he would've saved Klaus to get his freedom anyway, so why not.

  "Thank you, Damon." He waved me off with a grunt before getting his brother releases from the compulsion and rushing off. Nik was not to forgiving of the original plan.

  "It's over Nik. It's finally over!" I laughed out. His arms wrapped around me, spinning me around with his head in the crook of my neck as he began to laugh along with me.

  "It's over, Little Rose."

  Mikael was finally dead.

*******************

  It's been a while so... My bad?
I'm not even sure when the last chapter was uploaded so.. Sorry for the most likely super late and honestly crappy chapter.

  Did I get you? How long did you think Ezra was actually going to die? (Like I could ever actually do that.. i live him too much)

  So Mikael is finally dead!! Like for good. That means... Secret time maybe? When do you think you'll find out? And more importantly, what do you think the secret is?

  As always, I hope you have/ had a glorious day!

  P.S. I've recently gotten into My Hero Academia and I MIGHT be obsessed with it. Any good fanfic recommendations or writers in that fandom?