15

Chapter 15 [unedited]

  "Then don't."
...

 Nik told me of his plans for Stefan and I decided I didn't want to deal with that. So I went and found Ezra while he was at the Mystic Grill.

 "Hey Ezra." He greeted me with a simple hello. "Are you gonna talk to me, or are we just gonna sit here." He shrugged.

 "What happened at the gym." I sighed. That was not the kind of talk I was looking for, but it was a start.

 "Nik compelled Stefan to turn his emotions off and follow his every command, you know, he was just being himself." He nodded, leaving us in silence. After a few moments I couldn't take it, there was something on his mind and I wanted to find out what. "What Ezra?" He sighed

  "I thought you would've told him by now. What with all the moping around you did for the past century." Looking down, the feeling of guilt swept through me. I hated lying, but I couldn't tell Nik the truth yet, it wasn't safe.

 "You know why Ezra! I can't tell him, I can't tell anyone!" Ezra was clearly struggling to stay supporting me, however he was not one for getting in the middle of things and the thing between Nik and I did just that.

 "What am I supposed to say when he asks me? He knows I know something, thanks to you by the way." Nodding, I sighed. Apologies were never my strong suit.

 "Look I'm sorry about everything but, I just... I couldn't.." Ezra just stared, waiting for me to finish. "I couldn't lie to him." I looked down, wiping a tear that had rudely threatened to fall. He smiled sadly and pulled me into a hug that I needed for a long time. I fell into him and let one tear show itself before sitting back up and having a drink with an old friend.

 The door to the grill opened and the person was coming right towards us. "Come on, Rose. It's time to go sweetheart." Looking up, I found myself staring into the blue eyes of Nik. I shook my head, sighing.

 "Why? Where are we going?" He looked slightly annoyed.

 "It doesn't matter, we are leaving this town, finding wolves to turn into hybrids. I know you might know of a few spots." I looked down, staring at my feet.

 "I'm staying here Nik, with Ezra. I haven't seen him in a while and I want to catch up." Nik growled. "Besides, I can keep an eye on the locals until you return, which we both know you will. Make sure they're not doing anything that could stop your plans." He stared at me with such an intensity I forgot Ezra was even there.

 "Well, I don't want you to stay here. I already told you I'm not letting you out of my sight again, we both know what happened the last time." He was beginning to get on my nerves. I understood where he was coming from, but, he needed to be able to trust me before I could reveal my big secret, whether Mikael was dead or not.

 "Nik," I stood up, "I already told you, I'm not leaving you again. I will always be there, and you need to learn to trust that again. To trust me." My hands slid up to his face, forcing him to look me in the eye and his hands fell onto my waist. "I promise, I will never leave again, but I need time Nik. I need time to mend other bonds and I can't do that with you by my side, this needs to be done alone." He sighed. I honestly believed that he was going to throw me over his shoulder and carry me out by force.

 "Okay." He agreed, surprising everyone.

 "Okay?" I asked, reassuring the both of us and totally not quoting the fault in out stars.

 "Okay."

*************************

  Turns out Nik had left Bekah, and now all of us were sitting in the living room of a mansion I had gotten, just outside of Mystic Falls that no one knows about. "So..." I started but was cut off by a slight glare from Bekah. I think she was still kind of annoyed at me for everything.