7

{Chapter 7 - Second Reunions And Nicely Timed Insults}

 "Come on Emma... Time to wake up now.. Your little Hybrid boyfriend wants to gut me and I could use a little help right about now!" I heard Katerina talking to me, trying to get me to wake up. Niklaus had gotten his hands on her before she could get out of this town I'm guessing.

 "He's not my boyfriend." I said before I even opened my eyes, I heard a huff, and then a body drop. I looked up to see Alaric's body was lying on the ground and a certain blond haired beauty was finally back in his body. I stood up and backed away from him, subtly moving towards the door, as he addressed Katerina in his usual torturous ways. While he was focused on her I used my speed to try to speed out of the room before the witches could attack me.

 I was spun around right as I reached the door and slammed into the wall beside it, forced to face a very angry almost hybrid. He hadn't yet completed the ritual he needed to complete in order to become a full vampire werewolf hybrid, the ritual Damon was trying to stop, the one that would kill the love of his life; the doppelganger along with a vampire and werewolf. Still, he was an original vampire and was extremely strong, the only person that ranked as high as me in terms of strength. "Now, where do you think you're running off to, Little Rose." I flinched at his old nickname for me, hating what the sound of his voice did to me.

 "Don't call me that." It almost came out as a whisper, and I found myself wondering what was happening to me, the all powerful Emily Rose wasn't afraid of anything, she was bold and flawless and so feared that even the sun moved it's gaze, and yet here I was being the exact opposite.

 He chuckled. "And why is that, Huh? Would you rather me call you Little Dove, or maybe you'd prefer me call you Anna? Anything to ease your pain right?" He spat those words out with so much venom I flinched, afraid of the man I had created. He didn't used to be like this, at least not to me; to me he was sweet and gentle, caring, loving, but above all he was... happy. Now all I could see was pain and sorrow, the man I had created was nothing like the one I had fallen in love with all those years ago yet at the same time, I knew he was always like this, I've just never been on the receiving end.

 "I was going to leave, but obviously that's not going to happen so if you could just..." I peeled his hands off of my body, dodging his question, not having the strength or will to deal with his insults. I pushed off the wall and due his closeness to me originally, I was now right in his face, our noses almost touching. He stood in my way, not moving, knowing the affect he had on me, relishing in the feelings of regret he knew were stewing in my stomach. I snapped myself out of my trance and shoved past him, walking over to Alaric's supply of bourbon I knew would have to exist if he was Damon's friend.

 I grabbed a glass and filled it all the way to the top, knowing that this was going to be a long night. The two witches looked between me and Niklaus with questioning gazes, not sure what had just happened, while Katerina looked between us with pity and slight fear. "So Katina. I see the devil has his grip on you once again." I said, trying to see how she was, without showing any weakness in front of Niklaus.

 "Well I'm sure you do, seeing as you have eyes." I glared at her, she was obviously terrified of Niklaus, and was trying to do anything but let him know that, even though it was pointless. "But I've adjusted, he's very welcoming, you know with all the torture and what not." I snorted at this, seeing a slight smirk on his face.

 "Oh, I'm sure." I started smiling, and walked over to her and enveloped her into a hug. This was the first time since the night of the ball I got to actually speak with her.

 "I'm sorry." She whispered, knowing that it was just past the date of Violletta's death. I nodded, not wanting to say anything else about it. I felt eyes on the back of my head and slowly let go of Katerina, turning around to see that Niklaus was staring at me, not even bothering to look away once he had been caught.