41: The Fight

-Alexis-
We walk into Dk's house, not bothering to knock or anything which kinda worries me, but whatever. "Back." He yells causing me to jump. "Dakota? Is that you." His dad asks. He comes from a room, I'm not sure what room it is but whatever. Dk's dad talked his mom down and made sure she didn't call the cops to report Dk a runaway. "Hi, dad." He mumbles. Hearing him say dad makes me heart ache for my own, but I know I have to be strong about him.

"Hi, Alex welcome back. My application for the unwelcoming environment last time you visited." He expressed his concern. I nod, "It's um alright." I mumble. "Dad may I have a word alone." Dk asks, nodding towards the kitchen. I know he's going to tell him my dad died and to take it easy on me, he just doesn't want to hurt my feelings. "My dad died, that's w-what he was gonna say. Dk it's fine, I already know." I assure.

"Right, sorry Ali, I just didn't want to bring it up near you right now." Dk admits, I just nod at him. "I'm so sorry about your father, it's truly an horrible thing. Glad my son could be here to help you. One moment, I'll go get
Karmen." His dad says, walking away. A few minutes later they come back out fo the room. His mom doesn't looks happy, nor angry. Sorta just a blank face. "Glad you decided to come home. Alex, I'm sorry about your father." She says, though it isn't very convincing, she sounds fake.

I just nod in fear of pissing her off. "Yeah, I just came to say goodbye since your leaving and all." Dk shrugs. "Why? So you can go and spend time with that boy?" She grumbles. "YES, actually." He rolls his eyes. Now all three of them are yelling, and I begin to freak out. My breathing heavy and my vision is blurry and going black. Dk notices, like always. "You know what? Have a nice trip mom, because I won't fucking miss you one bit. Bye dad, thanks." He gives his dad a smile before walking out the door, dragging me gently along.

"Well that was the quickest visit ever, sorry you had to come." Dk says once we get in the car. "It's fine, I just panicked." I shrug, but I don't think it's fine. No parent should treat their kid like this just because of their sexual orientation. It's honestly just an excuse to treat people like shit at this point. "I love you, just thought I'd tell you." I say looking at him with a small smile. He glances at me then back at the road. "I love you too, baby. Wanna cuddle when we get home?" He asks. I nod, then realize he can't see me so I say, "yeah, of course."

He smirks but doesn't look away from the road. "Graduation is in a few weeks, and my birthday is in a week as well." He says out of the blue. I knew it was soon but I forgot the exact date. "On the-October twenty six, yeah?" I quickly do the math. "Sorry for forgetting." I pout. He giggles, tightening his grip on the wheel. "It's cool, I don't think I ever told you the exact date anyways. But Halloween is right before my birthday so we should eat candy and watch scary movies!" He rambles, but I think it's adorable.

"Sure. You also mentioned grad?" I raise an eyebrow. I haven't thought about graduation, it makes me nervous, since I don't know what I'm gonna do afterwards. "Yep! I was thinking that after graduation you could... I mean we should start..." He doesn't finish any of his sentences. Why is he so nervous? "Your rule was not to be scared to tell each other things, your breaking your own rule." I smirk. "Yeah, I just don't know what you'll think about... Possibly moving in together... Ya know, after graduation?" He asks skeptically.

My eyes widen. We've moved pretty quick in this relationship, but then again I've never wanted a future with anyone but him. "I-I'm not sure how I feel about it. I mean, yes I'd love to have a future with you, but so soon? Are you ready for that?" I suggest carefully. "If you are I'd love to. But if you don't want to then it's cool, maybe in a few years." He shrugs it off like it's nothing, but I hear the disappoinment in his voice. "I'd love to." I smile. And it's true, I do really want this. This could be everything I ever wanted.

"Really? Don't just agree because you know I want to, if your really not ready then it's okay. No pressure." He assures, almost panicked. "I'm not doing it for you. Well I am-but I'm doing it for us. For me, even. I love you and I want to spend every possible minute with you, so I agree to move in with you after grad. Wait-how will we pay for a house?!" I panic now. He chuckles, pulling into my driveway. "I have money saved, I've been saving my 'allowance' since I was fifteen so I could leave home as soon as possible. If you said no I still would've moved out." He shrugs, smiling.

"Oh. Well glad I said yes, because I want to be with you and if you moved far... Yeah. But, I don't want you to just pay for a whole house for both of us. If I agree, you'll let me get a job and pay bills for a year." I raise an eyebrow, knowing he's gonna have to agree. He rolls his eyes playfully and nods. "You win, brat." He leans over the seat and kisses me. "Let's go inside and cuddle now!" He says excitedly, hopping out of the truck and dragging me inside my own home.

"Hey boys." Mon says from the kitchen. Dk stops dragging me and looks over, placing his arm around my waist. "Hi Monica, wassup?" He asks causally. His arm around me is making me smile, I couldn't stop if I wanted to.
"I made dinner, but mom won't eat. Has she been like that since dad..." She asks. I nod, mom really hasn't been well, she won't even eat. "Be sure to eat some, yeah? I'll go bring this to mom and force her to eat." She sighs, heading for moms room.

We go and get some dinner. It's buttered noodles with garlic bread. We bring it back to the room and cuddle, watching YouTube videos on his phone. "I don't want to move far away from mom, she needs me, especially now." I admit, I've been wanting to say that since we got back, I just don't want him to worry. "We won't. Hey, wanna look at houses online near here and see what we might be interested in?" He asks, already looking it up.

So we do. For the next hour or so we look at houses near us. One stood out to me in particular. It was a white house, green roof. It was good size, just one floor. It had three bedrooms and the master bedroom had it's own bathroom. There's one over bathroom and the kitchen is so nice. The living room is as you'd expect, boring with a cute fireplace. I love it. "You like this one?" He asks after studying my face. I nod, "I love it, do... You like it?" He smiles. "I love it. That's the one we'll get after grad!"