#35 || Middle of Starting Over

Age: 22/23/25

3 Months Later

*Luke's POV*

3 months. Lily left 3 months, I've not heard from her since.

Mum and Dad haven't heard from her either, the only ones who have saw her are Ben and Jack, but they won't tell me where she is so I can apolgise.

*Flashback: 3 months ago*

"Oh my gosh, remember that time when Calum got so drunk, he shat himself," Michael said, making us both fall into fits of laughter as we entered the lobby.

As I walked up the stairs with Michael, I decided to check my phone and I saw I had received a text from Lily.

To: Luke
From: TeddyBear 🐻💕

Don't expect me at the hotel when you get there. bye.

What the fuck. I ran up the stairs, jumping 4 stairs at a time, thankfully I didn't fall because of my long legs.

I went to Lily's hotel room and saw room service in there, cleaning up the bed. I looked at the wardrobe. Empty.

"Excuse me ma'am, the girl who stayed here, where is she?" I asked the woman, politely.

"She left kiddo, like 4 hours ago, the last time I saw she was getting into a taxi," she explained.

I nodded and left the room, closing the door behind me.

She's gone and I just know she isn't coming back.

*Flashback over*

How could this happen? Why would she just leave? Was she not happy? I know I might not see her again, but I don't think I'm prepared for that.

*Lily's POV*

Paris. The city of love, yet here I am, all alone, but I'm happier than ever. It makes me feel like the past 7 years of my life, the times where I felt empty and alone, have led up to now where I'm happy and free. I don't have to worry about causing drama someone's life, I can just be who I am and not worry.

I sat down on the sofa in a tank top and some pajama pants, whilst connecting my PS3 to the TV's HDMI.

Once it was connected, I went to YouTube and typed out, 'Middle of Starting Over,' by Sabrina Carpenter.

It was one of my favourite songs as it related to me so much and was so uplifting.

(A/N: Play the song that I've linked!)

Cast out to sea
Drifting with the tide
And no way of finding me
Now that I'm free
Nothing but blue skies
Paradise in front of me

Awake from this dream
I hold my breath and just believe

Tired of all the troubles
They've been wasting my time
I don't wanna fight
Gonna leave it behind
Taking on faith
Now I'm ready to fly
I'm in the middle of starting over
Back to the beginning
Gonna hit rewind
Chance to do it over
Get it right this time
Life gives you pennies
Turn them into dimes
I'm in the middle of starting over

I was singing along until I got cut off by the door of my apartment knocking.

I stood up from the sofa and walked to the door, opening it swiftly to see a new face at the door. It was a girl.

"Hey, I'm Emma O'Donald and I saw your poster, you still need a roommate?" she asks.

"Yeah, come on in," I greet.

She walks in and stands at the side of the sofa which makes me laugh.

"Sit down, I don't bite," I laugh.

She nervously giggles and sits down.

Emma O'Donald. The name rings a bell, but I wonder where from.

"Emma? Have I met you before?" I ask.

"Wait, I feel as if I have seen you too, what's your name?" she replies.

"Lily Hem-" I get cut off by her screaming.

"Oh my gosh! I remember you! We met in Alice Springs High School, in the music room?" she says while smiling.

"Oh my gosh! I totally remember you now!" I say," Now let's discuss this roommate agreement."

---------------------------------
Authors Note:

If you don't remember Emma O'Donald, go back and read chapter 23 again!

- Hannah Hood ‼️