#13 || Popular // Part 1

400+ reads! ThankYouSoMuch!

----------------------

Age: 16

*Luke's POV*

So recently me, Calum and Michael have been posting videos on YouTube. I know what you're thinking...You thought I hated Michael but he's actually really funny and a good friend, but he does make fun of me a lot. We became friends over the same music which led us to making this band. 5 Seconds of Summer.

Anyway, the YouTube videos we made are getting relatively popular and a lot people from school are finally noticing us three.

We have only done covers but we wrote a song called 'Gotta Get Out' which Calum dedicated to Lily. They are going strong, nearly a year.

As for me, Hannah moved to England so I never can see her again, sucks I know. We are still going out but I don't if I will be able to manage long distance, but who says I'm not going to try.

Yesterday we hit 300, 000 subscribers which was a pretty big deal for us considering we're just a couple of school boys.

BEEP! BEEP!

I hear my mum honking her car horn signalling me to go outside so she can drop me off at school.

As I get in the car I can already see Lily and Calum in the back so I decide to sit next to my mum in the passenger seat.

"It's about time," my mums laughs.

"Sorry I just got caught up putting my socks on," I reply.

After the awkward car drive to school Calum and I said goodbye to Lily and went on our way to our form room.

"Hey man, are you ready for the English mock exam today?" Calum asks.

My eyes widen.

"Oh shit! That was today?" I ask.

"Yeah," he laughs, "Lily and I had been revising all night while you were playing PS2." (A/N YES PEOPLE PS2)

"Oh right well I know I'm gonna fail," I say, quite upset.

"Don't say that, just think positive," Calum says while pushing the door open to our form room and sitting in his allocated place.

I turn left to sit in my place which is next to the witch. Venassa Smith.

"Hey Lukey," she smiles.

I just nod and sit down.

"You're so good at singing," my eyes widen, "I love watching your videos."

I laugh at her in my mind. She just gold digging (even though there is no gold to dig, she probably thinks she is smart BUT NO! NO ONE IS SMARTER THAN I, LUCIFER THE GREAT!)

"Yeah thanks," I say, bluntly.

"Erm...well can I watch you next time you record?" she asks while fluttering her eyelashes.

"No."

She laughs while I scrunch my face up in confusion.

"Here miss," I say when the teacher calls my name out for the register.

"Why are you laughing?" I ask, confused.

"You NEVER say no to me," she continues laughing.

"Well I just did," I say while smirking.

She then realises and stops laughing, me still smirking.

*AT LUNCHTIME*

"What day is it?" I ask a random class mate.

"Friday," replies a manly voice.

"Thanks," I mutter.

Well since today is Friday, I'll be eating my lunch in the library since every other day me, Calum and Lily eat our lunch in either the library or the music room.

As I make my way to library, I see popular boys in my year, looking at me and beckoning me towards them.

"Do you wanna hang out with us today?" they ask.

"Sure...i'll be back in 5 minutes," I say. I have to tell Lily or otherwise it'll be Year 9 all over again.

As I walk into the library, Mrs Rogers nods at me.

I walk into the corner to see Lily and Calum.

"Hey guys," I smile.

"Hey," they greet.

"I won't be able to eat with you guys today," I smile widely.

"Why?" Calum asks.

"Taylor Johnson and all his friends asked me to hang out with them today."

As soon as I said that, Lily's smile dropped and changed into a frown.

"Well I'll be off," I say, not getting a 'bye' or 'I love you' from either of them.

I sighed.

*AT HOME, AFTER SCHOOL*

After school I went to the local milkshake shop where everyone from school hangs out. Taylor told me to come with him. I had to ditch Lily and Calum.

As I got home I walked in the door to see Lily with a backpack and walking out of the door in which I was walking in.

"Bye mum, love you," she said.

"Bye honey, see you Monday," my my replies.

I grab her wrist and pull her back before she walks out.

"Where are you going?" I ask.

She rolls her eyes.

"Calum's."

"With a backpack?"

"Yeah, I'm staying at his for the weekend because mum and dad are going on the monthly thingy."

Oh yeah, shit.

"Why you staying at his? Why not just stay at home?"

"Don't tell me you don't remember," she says while looking shocked.

"What?" I ask.

"Seriously?" she asks, looking angry.

"WHAT!?" I ask, getting annoyed.

"You're a dickhead, you hung out with the populars for one day and you forget that your best friends birthday is tomorrow," she says while slamming the door behind her and walking away.

OH SHIT.

--------------------------------

Long chapter :) Hope fully this makes up for how shitty the last chapter was.