#28 || Leaving You

THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO @ConfusedSkittles for being such an active reader&commentor ❤️

--------------------------

IAge: 22/23/25

*Lily's POV*

I was on Skype to Reece as I had just gotten to the hotel. I was nearly crying just as I saw his face appear on my screen as I missed him so much.

"Hey beautiful," he said.

"Hi," I blushed.

"Erm...I gotta ask you something..." he said suspiciously.

"Sure thing," I smiled.

"So I decided to make a twitter and I saw this picture of you and Michael, holding hands, you dyed your hair the same colour and I just wanted to ask...are you cheating on me?" He asks, biting his lip.

"No! Never ever! I would never cheat on you," I say, more tears slipping out of my eyes.

"Lily, I want you to be honest,when he kissed your cheek, did you feel something?" he asked, referring to the picture.

I shook my head vigorously.

He stared into my eyes.

"N-no." I said.

He sighed heavily.

"I'm sorry Lily, I can't do this. I can't do us. I'm not going to spend my time staying loyal to you and not trusting you to do the same. I don't want to be played with. You might not be cheating but I think it's better if we don't do this long distance relationship," he choked out, his eyes clearly tearing up.

A tear escaped his eyes.

"I love you Lily but I can't keep doing this," he says.

"But I love you too," I say.

"That's the thing. You don't," he says harshly before hanging up.

What did he mean?

I quickly texted Luke.

To: Penguin 🐧
From: TeddyBear 🐻

I need the 'Get Happy' station. Like ASAP 😭💔😭💔😭💔

From: Penguin 🐧
To: TeddyBear 🐻

Come to my hotel room in 5 xx

*10 minutes later*

I had been waiting outside Luke and Calum's hotel room for 5 minutes, turns out when Luke says 5 minutes, he doesn't actually, LEGITIMATELY, mean 5 minutes.

I knock on the door once more, sighing heavily, feeling the wet mascara drying on my face as it is mixed with my tears.

The door finally opens revealing Calum and Luke smiling until they see me.

"What happened?" They both ask immediately.

"R-R-Reece broke up with me because he couldn't deal with all the rumours of me and Michael and the long distance," I say, not wanting to cry but epically failing.

I heavily sob into Luke's shoulder while he embraces me. Calum looks relieved...I wonder why.

"Well, I'll let you have your 'Get Happy' time, I'll just be at Ashton's hotel room," Calum says, exiting the hotel room.

Luke gently lifts my head up by my chin and smiles. He wipes my tears with his thumbs and kisses my forehead.

"Don't cry over him, if he doesn't trust you, he doesn't deserve you," Luke wisely says.

"Well now, we can't have my gorgeous sister taking all the spotlight sooooooo I set up and nail and makeup bit where you can do my nails, makeup and hair, don't make me regret doing it," he smiles, making me smile for the first time today.

"You really are the best brother ever, I love you Penguin," I say.

"I love you too Teddy Bear," he smiles dragging me towards all the beauty stuff.

*Calum's POV*

"Good, you broke up with her, your secret is safe...for now," I say to Reece over the phone.

"I really wish I hadn't done that, I love her so much," he cries.

"Shut up, she's mine," I snap.

"She's not a toy," he hisses and hangs up.

At least now he's out of the picture, it's just me left for her to love.

------------------

What could Calum be planning?

- Hannah hood 🎸