#4 || Talent Show

Age: 10

*Luke's POV*

It's the talent show today and me and Calum are going to perform a song. The talent show is just going to be held in our small, primary school hall.

Me and Calum have been learning how to play guitar so that's what we are going to perform.

There is just one problem.

Lily is auditioning. She's going to read a poem she wrote. Boring, right?

I think me and Calum actually have a chance of winning considering we're the oldest in our primary school and because we're the only ones that can play instruments.

If you didn't know already, me and Calum are best friends.

*AT THE TALENT SHOW*

"And now we have Luke Hemmings and Calum Hood from Year 6 performing!" the headteacher announced.

Me and Calum walked to the front of the hall full of children.

"Hi I'm Calum and this is Luke," Calum said.

"And we're going to be singing 'November Rain' by Guns N' Roses."

*AFTER THEY SING*

"A round of applause for Luke and Calum everybody!" the headteacher said, like she did for every other act.

"Now I would like to call up Lily Hemmings also from Year 6 who is going to read us poem she wrote by herself," the headteacher introduced.

Lily got up, straightening her skirt as she walked to front.

"Hi, I'm Lily and this is Summer Time, written by me," she smiled.

*AFTER HER POEM*

"Well kids, we're going to have a small break now while the judges decide the winners!" Mrs Birds, our headteacher, says.

Each class exits the hall to the play ground outside. Me and Calum meet Lily at the triangular swings, where we always sit.

"You sang so good!" Lily said, hugging us as we approached her. I smiled widely, looking at Calum who was doing the same.

"You're poem was really good," Calum says, me nodding my head in agreement.

"Thanks! I think you two are going to win you know!" she says.

DING! DING! DING!

The bell rang indicating us to get back to the hall. The three of us made our way back to hall.

"Can Calum, Luke, Georgia, Lily, Jake and Gemma make their way to the front?" Mrs Birds asked.

We looked at each other and made our way to the front once again.

"In 5th place is...Gemma in Year 2! In 4th place is Georgia in Year 5! In 3rd place is Jake in Year 3! In 2nd place is...drumroll please," she said.

Everyone started patting their thighs.

"LILY HEMMINGS! Congratulations Luke and Calum, you have won our talent show for this year," she announced.

Lily ran over to us and gave us both a hug.

"I told you both you would win! I'm so proud!" she joked.

"Love you Penguin," she said.

"Love you too TeddyBear," I replied.

"Heyyyy! What about me?" Calum pouted.

"You can be...Monkey," Lily said while poking her tongue out.