Yellow Stars and Blue Skys (Duncan x Millie)

It was a cold morning on the island. Engines and people alike we're waking up to go do they're jobs early. On the narrow gauge lines it was quiet and peaceful that morning. A rather yellow engine was still asleep in his shed when he slowly awoke from his sleep to the piercing cold air.

"This stupid cold is gonna make my jobs harder to do" he grumbled as his drivers climbed into his cab to get his steam built up. While waiting Duncan looked around at the sky noticing the pastel colors it had to offer. "Iy is it goina get warm today?" He asked though he never really bothered to ask about the weather before until now.

One of his drivers got out and walked over to stand next to him as they looked up at the sky before looking down at they're watch. "It should start to warm up around here some time around 12" he said as Duncan groaned and rolled his eye's.

"Great...." He mummbled. As his driver climbed back into his cab and together they left out to go to the depot to see what kind of jobs he was assigned for today. As he made it down to the depot it was fairly empty. His driver hummed "it seems only the coaches are left..." He said.

Duncan didn't think he'd work with coaches today considering he got them taken away from him 2 weeks ago for simply causing a mess down at the Blue Mountain Quarry. Just then Freddie chuffed in with Mr. Percival. "Duncan! There you are! i have decided that today you may work with the coaches for the morning and into part of the afternoon" he spoke as he stood next to Freddies cab.

"Oh thank you sir!" Duncan spoke as started to back up to switch tracks to collect the coaches. "Ah! But wait Duncan there's more" Mr. Percival said stopping Duncan in his tracks confused. "The Earl from Ulfstead has asked if Millie could come down to work with us for a couple of days so i ask that you please be nice to her and show her around alright?" Mr Percival asked as he climbed back into Freddies cab.

Duncan took a moment to recall who this Millie engine was when he remembered it was the pale blue, French engine that had exchanged places with Luke that one time while he was away at the Steam Works getting repaired. "Of course sir...." He said not groaning or grumbling once. He was rather confused then angry since he's only heard talk about her from the other's since her last visit.

"Thank you Duncan... But! Just incase while im gone for the morning I'll have Skarloey and the others keep an eye on you" and with Mr. Percivals last words he left. Duncan grumbled, "it seems that every time some thing new is around they have to keep an eye on me.. Like as if!" He scoffed as he coupled up to the coaches and left.

As he made his way towards Crovans Gate Rheneas was setting at the station. "Oh hello Duncan! Is a beautiful Morning isn't it?" He asked looking up towards the morning sky. Duncan glanced up at the sky. "I suppose so.... Though oi wish it'd hurry up and get warm, this cold t'is annoying!" He grumbled.

"Oh... Did you hear that Millie is visiting again?" Rheneas asked as to not make the yellow Scottish more angry then what he already was. "Yes...... Mr Percival also asked that i show her around" he slightly groaned. "We'll if it helps any she already knows how to get the Blue mountain Quarry thanks to Luke showing her... I think all you have to do now is show her all the station lines!" Rheneas perked up.

Duncan went silent for a moment recalling the station line's for a moment before speaking up. "Maybe if show her the line's quick enough then i can finish my own jobs quicker before the afternoon!" He finished as the station master blew his whistle. "But Duncan she isn't a fast learner!" Rheneas shouted hoping Duncan would hear him but he was already out of ear shot. "Oh dear....." Rheneas mumbled.