Soft Love (Rebecca x The Flying Scotsmen)

It was a rather warm late afternoon on the Island of Sodor. Engines and people alike were either already home or just getting home from work as the busy day came to a slow hour of the afternoon. A rather famous tender cadmium green engine was patiently sitting at Vicarstown in his own cloud of steam, currently lost in his own thoughts until a familiar voice snapped him back into reality.

“Were you daydreaming again?” a tender azure engine said. “Of course not! Besides what are you even doing here brother? I thought you already ran the express today” 

“There were some...issues upon arriving here” The blue engine resorted calmly. The green one softly chuckled. “Don’t tell me you forgot to get coal or water while heading up here, did you, Gordon?” 

Gordon scoffed “Of course not! There was a tree on the line! Besides, I will never forget to refuel on coal and water!” he argued. “Oh really? We’ll from what I heard the last time you did was because of a hole in your boiler that you refused to stop for water” The green engine said playfully, narrowing his eyes at Gordon who refused to make eye contact with him. 

“And how should i believe you know that even if it was true?” Gordon answered, his face slowly blushing red from embarrassment. “Your face says it all brother, and I suppose a little blue tank engine told me” he playfully smiled before chuckling as Gordon gasped. 

“I should’ve known Thomas would’ve told you! And besides Scottie I have places to be” Gordon snapped before whistling good-bye as he puffed out of the station with his express coaches trailing behind. “Even when I'm here it often seems like because of my fame you barely wish to talk with me even when I don't tease you…” The Flying Scotsmen sighed just as his crew men approached next to him watching Gordon leave in the distance.

“I'm sure he just had a rough day, besides we get to visit Sodor again tomorrow so I'm sure you two will get to talk more since we're spending the night there” His crewmen assured him with a soft smile. “I do hope so…” The Scotsmen replied as his driver climbed back into his cab before whistling as they left the station to head back to his shed to rest for the rest of the afternoon. 

As the sun slowly crept up from behind the mountains on the island of Sodor multiple engines had already gathered down at Knapford either waiting for they’re trucks and coaches or simply there to help with the yard work. Not many engines or people were awake at this time so most engines would take advantage of this time to get ready for the busy day ahead of them. 

Rebecca, Gordon, Henry and Toby were the only few awake sitting down at Knapford before opening time. “So i meant to ask you Gordon what took you so long to get back to Tidmouths yesterday?” Henry asked. “I met my brother at Vicarstown so I talked with him for a bit before leaving” Gordon quickly answered. “I meant to ask you Gordon, does your brother always tease you?” Rebecca asked. “Often times yes but it’s just normal sibling stuff he never does it out of hate” Gordon answered as Sir Topham Hatt approached the small group from the platform. 

“We’ll since it’s just the 4 of you i might as well tell you about the exciting news, Im sure you all know about the Flying Scotsman, today he will be visiting the Island of Sodor not only for a short photo shoot but also to take and drop off passengers that’ll be visiting for this event!” Sir Topham Hatt informed them as they all softly smiled except for Gordon who softly groaned. 

“Im sure he won’t tease you that badly today Gordon” Rebecca assured him. “I indeed hope not…” Gordon softly said looking down at his buffers as she left. Rebecca was quick to puff into the yards as her job for today was to collect some milk and flour from Sodor's Dairy. She was quickly coupled up to a small line of trucks before puffing off to the Dairy.