A Warm Summers Date (BoCo x Gordon)

It was early that Morning on the Island of Sodor. The sun slowly creeping out from behind the mountains as people on the island slowly woke up to start they're day. A soft breeze blowing by to cool the trees and flowers below. At Tidmouths it was nothing but bickering from a rather big Blue Tender engine and a small human standing in front of him. 

To they're luck every other engine had left so they didn't have to hear the rather loud argument between the two. "A faulty signal my Tender! Can't we just re-route, take another track to run the express for today!?" 

"NO Gordon we are not taking that risk of derailing or messing up the track further! Look i know you was looking forward to taking the Express today but you're just gonna have to deal with not taking it today!" His driver argued back as he rolled his eyes annoyed even further from the medium tall male. 

"Is there not any other jobs i can do that work with coaches for today?" Gordon asked. His driver groaned rubbing his forehead as he looked down at the hard gravel track. "For the last time Gordon there isn't… Ryan and Daisy have the Harwick branchline for today whilst Molly, Neville and Stanley are running the Great Waterton line.. The only jobs for you to take is long haul duties but there isn't even much of those to do today.." His driver responded.

Gordon huffed looking away. "Then I'll just stay in my shed all day.." His driver rolled his eyes. "Do you want me to shut the doors or?.." He asked. "Leave them open… it gives me some sort of light…" Gordon answered. "We'll Im leaving for the day if ur not going to work… I'll inform Sir Topham Hatt about it so he'll know that your safe here and not causing trouble else where…" his driver said walking back to his small dirty red truck before leaving. 

Gordon watched the little truck drive off before softly sighing to himself. "This is going to be a long day.." He mumbled to himself as he looked down at his buffers. 

Later that day, down at the Claypits BoCo was being introduced to Timothy and Marion. BoCo wasn't aware of the newer engine's so Edward suggested for him to go meet them promising that the two we're very nice and was the ones who had kept Bill and Ben in line while he was gone at the Mainland. “So how have they been behaving lately?” BoCo asked the small dirty blue oiled engine and the brown orange steam shovel. Marion chuckled moving her shovel to the side as Timothy sighed. “They seem to very much like Timothy” Marion giggled. 

“Indeed..” Timothy chuckled. BoCo softly laughed. “I suppose that means they’ve been targeting Timothy alot..” BoCo said. “Ever since Timothy and I arrived they’ve been non stop pulling pranks and tricks on us” Marion mentioned. “They tend to do that alot” he said. “We've noticed” Timothy said looking back at the two yellow engines setting in the shed not noticing the three as they was talking to one another as well.

“We’ll thank you both for watching them and letting me visit them but i must be leaving now” BoCo said. “Is not a problem at all” Timothy said. “You can come and visit whenever you’d like” Marion encouraged. The 3 whistled goodbye as the long green diesel left the claypits. On the way back BoCo looked up at the sky realizing that it looked to be about afternoon time. BoCo stopped at Lower Suddery as his driver had to drop something off at the station. While waiting he looked up at the small post clock hanging outside on the old cream colored brick wall. The time read 6:35pm, he softly hummed in response as a soft breeze blew by as his driver approached him looking through a few papers in hand.

“Excuse me but do you know where Gordon is?” BoCo asked his driver. His driver quickly looked up at him as he resorted the papers in his hands. “From what i heard BoCo, Gordons Express route was cancelled due to a faulty Signal, after some inspection found out that part of the track was broken so im guessing he’s probably stayed at Tidmouths all day..if you’d like to visit him we can go right now if you’d like…” his driver said softly smiling at him.

BoCo softly nodded “i’d like that very much..” He responded as his driver quickly folded the papers before shoving them in his pocket as he quickly climbed into BoCos cab as the two headed towards Tidmouths. 

Gordon yawned as he slowly awoke from his nap still stuck in his shed. He looked next to him expecting at least one engine in the shed next to him but to his surprise not a single engine had arrived back at Timouths. He could only assume they was out still doing they’re jobs or just out having fun for the afternoon. It wasn’t until a familiar horn got his attention looking over to see BoCo on the turntable. 

“BoCo what are you doing here?..” Gordon asked. “Simple, visiting you… i heard you’re Express route was cancelled so once i was done with my jobs i decided to come and see if you would like to go on a Afternoon date today…” BoCo asked as his eyes slowly trailed over to Gordon who softly blushed. “But wasn’t that a little date up on my hill the other week when you came back?” Gordon asked as BoCo softly chuckled. “I’d count that as a confession this is more of a proper date if you will…” BoCo said as Gordons blush died down.

“I guess it wouldn’t hurt but where is this place at?” Gordon asked softly puffing over to the turn table. “It a surprise” BoCo softly chuckled as the two left to the mystery place. Along the way they passed all sorts of stations and open country fields on the island as the sun softly shined over the two as it slowly hid under the blanket of ocean as the two came to a stop at a old cottage house covered in over grown plants as a pair of buffers stopped not far from the edge of the ocean cliff. 

Gordon was amazed at the soft scenery, it reminded him of a few paintings he had seen passengers carry along with the few that was hung up in the station. “This is beautiful… is so peaceful and quiet here….” Gordon said softly closing his eyes. “I figured you’d liked this…” BoCo softly said looking over at the big blue tender engine. The two sat in silence as the soft breeze accompanied the two, causing the tall grass to dance in the wind making music across the old field as the sound of the waves below crashed into the rock wall like a bass symbol.

The two enjoyed the moment for as long as they could until the sun went down and darkness arose. “I think is time i head back to Tidmouths..”Gordon said. “Hold on i want to show you some thing else…” BoCo said stopping him. “What is it?” he asked. “ Be patient..” BoCo responded looking out into the dark field. Gordon stayed silent until noticing a handful of fireflies arise from under the grass like small fallen stars as he softly gasped at the scene in front of him. BoCo chuckled “See it helps if you’re patient and wait” he mentioned as Gordon softly blushed. 

“Have i ever told you how much i love you?” Gordon asked looking over at the green diesel. BoCo softly blushed “yes… yes you have” He softly said leaning onto Gordon as the two spent the remainder of the night at the beautiful yet calm spot the island had to offer keeping each other warm until it was time for the two to head back to they’re sheds to rest.

I apologize if this looks short i didn't mean to rush on it but i really hope you enjoy it i like the idea of a summer date just going out to a field and watching fireflies along with alot of other cute stuff but like always i hope you have a Good Day/ Night!