Missing you on Cold Rainy days #2 (Connor x Rebecca)

It was a cold foggy day on the Island of Sodor. Connor was already awake as he had to take passengers over to the main land from Ulfstead Castle. He had already made it to the first station on the main land an a hour ago and suprisingly he had to wait because due to the weather the buss that had his passengers was going to be a few minutes late.

While he waited he couldn't help but to feel bad. Ever since

he confessed to Rebecca last week neither of them was able to spend time with one another nor could they go out on they’re first date because of how busy they was. Connor sighed he knew that he would be busy again today but he had hoped that maybe tomorrow he could get a free day off and so could Rebecca so they could go on they’re first actual date together. He snapped out of his thoughts when he saw his drivers approach him. He noted that one was carrying a walky talkie specifically for the railway use while the other was carrying a coffee mug filled with some kind of hot beverage.

“The Buss driver said that it will be another 10 minutes before they arrive so we won’t be waiting much longer” his driver said as he patted the side of Connor. “Finally! We’ve been waiting here for almost 2 hours now!” Connor said in annoyance. He usually was some what patience but today he was in a hurry, so he could prove to the Fat Controller that he is working his hardest so maybe the chances of getting a day off would be higher. His drivers took a seat down on his side running board, as they talked Connor glanced around the station noticing that not many engines he knew was around until he saw The Flying Scotsmen arrive with his usual Coaches.

“Connor! Is been awhile...How are you and Caitlin doing?” Scottie asked. “You saw me early yesterday morning at this same station..” Connor mumbled as he glanced away annoyed even more. Scottie could only laugh. “I see that some one isn’t all that of a morning person hm?” Scottie asked before laughing some more. Connor scoffed “is not that but i hate having to get up so early just to come all the way here i mean you have enough engines here for that job so why not let me just stay on Sodor instead of going back and fourth between the two?” Connor asked looking back over at Scottie. He was taken aback by what Connor had said, he could now see that Connor was indeed getting tired of this job. “I know you don’t like it Connor but what happened to you when you liked to do this job before the Castle opened up on Sodor?” Scottie asked as Connor looked down at the rails below him.

“I don’t know Scottie…..just all the stress of having to leave Sodor and make it here on time just to go right back is getting really tiring now…… especially since is now becoming a day to day thing….” Connor said. Scottie could see that the he wanted a break and that he would like to stay on Sodor for awhile instead of having to leave and arrive late like he did to they’re christmas party last year because he had to make one last stop at the main land before having to rush back to Sodor in hopes to make it there on time, which thank the points he made it there slightly early.

Scottie then looked around to spot or hunt down a station master to speak with while Connor was still waiting for his passengers. Not far away was a station master looking over his clipboard that had a list of when the engines was suppose to leave and arrive. “Excuse me but can i ask you some thing while im waiting on my passengers?” Scottie asked as the Station master approached him.

“Sure what is it?”