Fixing Mistakes #2 (Ace x Nia)

The morning sun arose as the sunlight shined through the curtains slowly brightening the hospital room. Ace was still asleep but at this time some early birds was already awake and out doing there jobs.

Ace was awoke by a few doctors and nurses who was fixing his Iv. "Today we're going to see if you can walk" one of the doctors said. Ace jerked his head up to look at the doctor. "What'd you mean mate?" He asked. "We'll due to your conditions you weren't able to walk for 24 hours but because your not well...." The doctor hesitated for amoment as the nurses left. "That im not like humans?" Ace asked. "Yes....that...." The doctor said as he picked up the clipboard from the table.

Every person on the island was well aware that the engines, busses, cranes, and cars were not humans at all. Because of the magic that the island had that let them go back and fourth between they're forms ment that they can heal quicker then humans not only that but they can change they're appearance to what they're most comfortable with. Due to all this the people on the island we're able to learn much from them so if they was ever injured they'd have the proper equipment just for them.

The doctor straightened his voice as he looked back up at Ace. "We'll start with the usual task to see if you can get up" Ace nodded as he moved the silk blanket off of him to see that his leg was bandaged up perfectly well not to mention that they had to cut his pants leg in order to get to the injury so he guessed that his jacket wasn't the only thing that was gonna get fixed too. He carefully proceeded to move his legs over to the side of the bed before his feet touched the cold tile ground as he grabbed onto the Iv pole. Once he felt confident enough he attempted to stand up with the help of the doctor himself.

Ace's legs wobbled a little as he slightly leaned on the Iv pole before taking one step forward. "Try to walk to the door please...." The doctor asked. Ace slowly walked over to the door as the doctor observed the way he walked before writting some thing down on the clipboard. "We'll i think you can walk and stand well enough all we have to do is wait for your arm to heal now.." the doctor said as he started his way towards the door. "Hey mate since i can walk and stand perfectly well where's the shower at?" Ace asked. "Oh my apoliges the shower is right here" the doctor proceeded to walk over to a door that was next to the tv and behind the door you enter in.

Inside was the usual batheroom stuff you'd see. "Thanks mate.." Ace said as he walked over to the room as the doctor left. Ace shut the door behind him once he was able to get the Iv pole in without getting any cords hung on the door. He turned the water to warm and waited until the water started to steam before getting in. It was difficult for him to get his shirt off but once he did he knew it would be even more difficult for him to get it back on so he decided that he wouldn't put it back on since his bandages was already covering most of his chest.

Once he was done he sighed relief feeling alot better. He got dressed and made his way towards the window glancing out to see Nia's engine setting at the platform. He felt a waved a anxiety flow through him. "She's here already? I guess time flys huh..." He said as he made his way back over to the hospital bed. The door opened once he sat down looking over his shoulder to see the African American female at the door.

"Ey good day there mate didn't really think you would get here this early" he said rubbing the back of his neck. Nia softly laughed. "I try to be as early as i can so im on time" Nia said as she took a seat by the bed. Aces smile soon faded as the thought of being so self-ish to them when they was just trying to help seeped into his mind. He brushed it off as he glanced over at Nia. "Nia the reason why i wanted to speak with you was because....... Look mate i know i already apologized to you all for what i had done but i still can't help but feel awful for it and im still really sorry mate....." He said as his head hung low.

Nia knew that Ace was indeed sorry for his actions and that he was trying his best to make up for it. "Ace I'll say it once more i forgive you..... Yes i was still mad at your for it but only because you didn't want to change but now you are trying to change for the better...." She softly spoke as they're eye's met one another's. Ace knew it was now or never.

"Nia, mate.... I know this sounds off or even cheesy but ever since i joined you and Thomas to go deliver that coffee i began to develop feelings for you.... I acted like i never did because i knew at that time in moment that we both didn't really like each other so...... I figured that if i came to Sodor i would be able to confess to you...." Ace said looking down at the ground expecting Nia to reject him. "And you did...." Nia softly said as she placed her hand under his chin making him look up at her as she softly kissed his forehead.

Ace felt his face heat up as he was both suprised and confused. "But mate..... I thought you hated me...." He softly said as Nia moved her hand away. "Ace I'll admit it, as soon as you joined us you and Thomas both made it a fun adventure all by is-self" she said softly smiling. Ace smiled "so does that mean.....will you go out with me?...." He asked glancing over at her. "Sure" she said as she got up from her seat. "But first you have to heal up before we can ever go out any where not only that but i have to be leaving now" Nia said as she made her way back over towards the door. "Will you keep visiting by?" Ace asked as he watched her walk to the door. "Of course i will, I'll probably be back later this afternoon if you'd like" she said. "I'd like that very much mate...." He said as she giggled before leaving.

Ace still couldn't believe it as he sat there a blushing mess for a good few minutes before he got up and carefully walked over to the window in time to see Nia go back into her engine form whistling before chuffing away from the station. Ace watched her until she was no longer in view as he still felt semi love struck from the confession. He almost couldn't wait to finally get out of the hospital to go on they're first date together but knew to be patient as he sat back down on the bed thinking about where he should take them.

(I honestly wish i could've done more with this story but soon ran out of idea's for it but hey if i ever make a 3rd part for this story then maybe it will be a little bit better but i still had fun writting it and i hope you all had fun reading it and like always i hope you have a Good Day/ Night!!)