No longer Enemies (Lady x Diesel 10)

Though it was a usual night on the island for one person it wasn’t at all. Tonight would mark the night that a special being would visit the island but she never visited during the day unless someone needed her assistants, but even then she would try to keep from being seen by any one else on the island.

Her small dress danced in the wind as she stood at the cliffside above the Diesel Works. She was indeed waiting on someone who at the moment was standing by the shed doors to the Diesel Works.

At one point in time he hated her because she was a steamie but he mostly wanted her power so the diesels could get revenge back on the steamies. Though many years had passed since that day he felt a part of him soften towards them and maybe even her. 

Though he would never admit it he knew that he couldn’t keep this big “tough guy” act up for much longer before other’s would start to notice. Hell he noticed it in Diesel the other day when he was speaking with Sonny and Percy down by the stations. Sure Paton, Daisy and BoCo were  big ol softies toward the steamies but it was mostly because they could talk to the other engine’s without being judged because of a cursed claw. At one point in time he enjoyed being feared by everyone including some of the diesels feared him but now that things have changed it was no longer fun. He realized how lonely he truly was. He’s heard of the stories of people and engines driving themselves crazy because they were so alone. Hell some even lost they’re own sanity and nearly went on a murder ranpage because of it.

He didn’t want to go down that path. He knew that he was oftentimes grumpy and even got easily annoyed or mad at some engine’s but he was trying to change and showed A LOT of improvement to the point that now some engine’s felt brave enough to approach him. Though he knew he would have to try harder then ever to get every one, including the people on the island, to trust him possibly the reason why she was here.

Before he knew it his own legs were taking him up to the cliff side as he saw her come into view from behind the small bushes holding her hands in front of her as she kept her gaze down at the Diesel Works below as each Diesel backed into they’re own shed to rest for the night. Not even the sound of the bushes rustling and the wind howling snapped her attention away, not until a figure of someone she knew every well sat down next to her on a somewhat large rock. 

The two of them said nothing as the stars and moon watched from above. Soon the lights down at the Diesels sheds had turned off but the Diesels works inside kept they’re lights on. She turned her gaze to him as he still kept an eye down at the sheds below them. “I know how hard you’ve been working to try and change how others see you….” she spoke softly. He didn’t respond, if anything he was afraid too. He felt awful for chasing her down and throwing her out of action for the longest time. He was aware of how powerful she was and how strong he was with the claw alone. “Lady…. I…… i know you watch the island like a hawk but how come you never got revenge on me?...... After all it is fair since I put you out of action more than once….” he spoke looking down at his claw-like hand he once called “pinchy.”

It fell silent between the two again as she returned her gaze back down at the Diesel Works. “At the time you we’re indeed stronger than me and still are in some areas……” she spoke with her head somewhat low. He shot her a confusing glance as he felt puzzled by what she had said. “What do you mean?...” he asked. She sighed heavily “when you first put me out of action i was not strong at all if anything i was weak and when we had are second chase down i was still weaker then you…. That’s why we ran or else i would’ve knocked you off the rails if i wanted to….. What i'm trying to say is that my magic has only stayed the same, it hasn’t gotten weaker nor has it gotten stronger….. But even if i had enough power i still wouldn’t put you out of action” She then turned to him. “Even if you think is fair i do so…” she said.

Diesel 10 felt himself shrink under her gaze. “I still think you should’ve done it……” he said as he slightly looked away. “Besides why did you call for me to meet you up here anyway?” he asked looking back over at her. She sighed. “I want to be on this island more often than when I'm needed…..” she said glancing down at the ground. “What are you saying? If anything you can visit any time you want without a worry in the world” He said. “That’s just it I know i can but because no one has seen me in such a long time it feels that my magic only works now if someone is in danger or hurt…… is like is keeping me from visiting this island….. What i'm trying to say is that i'd like to be like every other engine here, going places, working, speaking with passengers but i can’t and if one of them know i'm not just some ordinary engine then I’ll have to go right back into hiding again…..” she said in a somewhat brittle tone of voice. 

Diesel 10 knew that she just wanted to stay and work here as much as she did back then when she would without a worry at all but now that things have severely changed and alot of new engine’s have arrived from all over the place that she couldn’t get the courage to go back out and do it again. “Lady, as long as I’ve known you even when you weren't on the island you are much stronger than what you say you are. You've just lost hope in yourself….. You need to see that every engine and vehicle on this island will accept you even without your magic and if any one gets even the slightest idea of trying to steal your magic like i done so long ago I’ll hunt them down and make them pay” he said as his claw snapped and gritted it’s fangs together just from the thought of some one ever hurting Lady like he did for his own selfish needs.

Lady blushed a small tint of pink as she looked away softly smiling to herself. “Thank you for the offer but i'm still not sure about this….” she sighed. He gently grabbed her hand now standing in front of her looking down at her as they made eye contact. “Lady I know you're scared but please trust me everyone will be happy to see you back and staying this time…..” he spoke brushing some of her hair out of her face and behind her small tiara as the two blushed. “I’ll think about it….” she spoke once more. He sighed, “just try and give me an answer some time tomorrow or tomorrow night please?...” he said letting go of her hand as she nodded. 

He started to make his way back down to the Diesel Works below as he felt his mind wonder to other things. “One more thing” she said stopping him in his tracks as he turned around to face her. “Yeah?-” he was quickly cut off when she pressed her lips against his as they both slowly became a blushing mess. They soon broke apart for air as Diesel 10 looked dumbfounded by her actions as she quietly giggled at him. “I’ll see you tomorrow?” she asked. “Uh- yeah….” he said as she slowly disappeared in a flash leaving only small gold dust particles were she was once standing at as he climbed down the hill walking to his own shed to rest for the night.

(So i figured that i would go ahead and post this before posting the 2nd part to Connor x Rebecca since i already had this done for almost 2 and ahalf months, the reason why i didn't post it was because i wasn't sure if i wanted to wait until i finished the Connor x Rebecca one first or if i was gonna add more to this but either way i got it finished so yay. But like always i hope you have a Good Day/ Night!!)