Race of Hearts #1 (Connor x Rebecca)

It was a usual day for the engine's. The sun shined brightly over the island as engines hurried around as they tried to finish their jobs for the day, so they could have some free time to themself for the rest of the day. Connor was doing his usual jobs bringing his coaches back and forth from the mainland to Ulfstead Castle, sometimes even to Vicarstowns station. This day was one of those days where Connor had to stop at Vicarstown to drop off some passenger's. While he waited for his passenger's to board and dispatch, Caitlin approached from the left hand side of him.

"Hello Connor! How are you today?" Caitlin asked as Connor snapped out of his thoughts to look at the engine beside of him. "I'm doing great this morning Caitlin and You?" he asked as he smiled at her. "Oh you know, just doing my usual rounds around the island. Oh! I meant to ask you where are you going after this stop?" Connor thought for a moment as he tried to remember todays schedule he was assigned before answering. "Im heading back up to Ulfstead Castle after this." "Why?" Caitlin giggled. "You'll have fun up there remember that one yellow engine you said you haven't met yet?" Connor nodded "yeah? what about them?" Caitlin whistled as she chuffed off with her coaches "You'll see soon Connor!!" she said as she puffed on until she was out of Connors sight.

Connor sat and thought about what Caitlin had said "What does she mean by that?" before he could think any more the Station Master blowed his whistle as Connor started to leave the station whistling back before making his way up to the Castle. As Connor started to climb the hill his mind started to wonder about what Caitlin had said and about that yellow engine 'It is true i still haven't met that yellow engine but im sure Caitlin was just trying to tell me that they're a nice engine right? no i should'nt worry about this as much as i am im sure they're nice' Connor then saw the Castle in view as he made his way to the gates as they opened Connor could see the Yellow engine speaking with Stephen.

"And that's why they call me The Rocket!!"

"Wow! you must've been one fast engine back then!!"

Connor slowed as he over heard they're conversation hoping to catch the yellow engines name without having to interrupt but right as Connor stopped by the yellow engine Stephen said his goodbyes as he puffed away with his passenger's to show them around the castle. Connor observed the yellow engine beside of him, they had a dark rose red lining down the side of them that stopped halfway up they're body as it over lapped the orange lining that stopped near the front of they're body, they also had thin white and foam blue lining at the edges towards the bottom of they're frame, to top it all off he noticed the number "22" on the side of them and the letters "N.W.R" on the sides of there tender.

He then realized that he was staring and knew it was rude of him to do so he then spoke up. "Hello there! Say I've never seen you before what's your name?" He asked as the engine looked over at him with a smile. "Oh! My names Rebecca! This is my 3rd time being up here at the Castle so that's probably why you don't see me much!" She softly chuckled. "Oooh! That explains it! My names Connor say have you met another engine that looks similar to me but a different color?" He asked. "Oh yes i have! Oh what was her name uh i think it was Caitlin?"

Connor chuckled "She told me a little about you not to long ago while i was at Vicarstowns Station, oh if you don't mind me asking where exactly is your shed at?" He asked.

"Oh my shed is over at Tidmouths and you?"

"Here in the back of the Castle we're Millie, Glynn and Stephen sleep at i share a shed with Caitlin though" he chuckled. Rebecca giggled as the conducter whistled "oh sorry i have to be going now" Rebecca said as she whistled before chuffing on "It was nice meeting you Connor!!" she said as she puffed along. "It was nice meeting you too Rebecca!!" he said as Rebecca passed through the Castles Gates. Just then Stephen approached him. "We'll isn't she just a bundle of joy hmm?" Stephen laughed as he wheeshed some steam.