Cold Nights in Warm Sheds (Emily x Thomas)

It was a cold Morning on the Island of Sodor, Heavy snow layed like a blanket across the tracks and road. A few engines was gathered that morning at Knapfords with snow plows on waiting for Sir Tophamm Hatt. "So much snow do you think we'll get a day off?" Emily asked.

"I doubt it, but even if we did Thomas and Duck still need to take they're passenger route of the afternoon, unless it gets worse.." Henry said looking up at the glass panels above him that we're covered in window frost. Before anyone else could say anything Sir Topham Hatt had arrived struggling to get his scarf around his neck.

"Im sure you all have seen the weather today so because of it things will be cut short until it eases up… If it even does…" Sir Topham Hatt announced mumbling the last part to himself. "But sir what about are jobs?" Percy asked. 

"That's right uhm… Percy since you've already taken the mail you can go back to your shed for the day, Henry you and Edward as well, Gordon you can take the express as per usual meanwhile James i need you to go by the docks to pick up some crates filled with hay and other things for Farmer Mc Coal the rest of you can go back to you're sheds for the day" he announced as they all whistled before leaving the station but Emily stayed.

"Sir is there not a job open for me? Maybe i could help out on the branch line?" Emily asked in hopes for a good job. Sir Tophamm Hatt rubbed his chin in a thinking manner. "Im not sure Emily…. Thomas was struggling on his branch line with the snow and knowing him he doesn't like having his snow plow on so…" he mumbled to himself still thinking.

"Maybe i can help him Sir! I can go and plow the snow off the tracks in front of him so you and the other's don't have to worry about the snow or any delays on his branch line!" She perked up. "That's not a bad idea… yes Emily I'd like it every much if you could help Thomas on his branchline for today!" He said. 

"No problem Sir always happy to help!" She said whistling before leaving the station heading towards Thomas Branch line. Once she arrived at Dryaw Station to her surprise Thomas hadn't even left yet as she slowed down behind Annie and Clarabel.

"Oh hello Emily! What are you doing here?" Annie asked as Emily softly chuckled. "I came here to help clear the line so you two wouldn't have to worry about Thomas taking off his snow plow and getting stuck again" she quietly laughed. 

"Thank goodness she's here, he's already tried to convince us and his own crewmen to take it off before he even got here!" Clarabel said, rolling her eyes. "Who are you two even talking to!?" Thomas yelped looking back at his two faithful coaches as Emily slowly puffed up next to him.

"Oh is just you" he sighed relief as Emily giggled. "Who else did you think it was?" She asked. "I dunno James I guess… Since he likes to tease me so much" Thomas huffed, releasing more steam. "Just me,I'm here to help clear the line so you don't get stuck in the snow again like you did last year" she smiled. Thomas softly blushed looking away from her before the station master blew his whistle as Emily switched tracks to get in front of him as she plowed through the snow on the tracks as he slowly followed behind.  They had no trouble with the snow until they got to Ffarquhar, the whole station was covered from top to bottom in heavy snow and it didn’t help that it was snowing even more down here then at Knapford. 

“Oh dear we better hurry if we wanna make it back to Tidmouths in time before this snow gets even heavier..” Thomas said. “Indeed..” Emily agreed as they quickly left towards the Knapford Shunting Yards to drop off Annie and Clarabel. Once they got to the yards to they’re relief the snow had already been cleared off the tracks. They quickly dropped Annie and Clarabel off before puffing off towards the sheds. 

Along the way tree branches hung low with heavy snow on them showing signs of them braking off onto the tracks. "Thomas maybe we should be more careful when going under these trees they look like they could snap and fall on top of us…" she said looking above her at all the slim tree branches.