Silver Flowers and Bleeding Hearts (Rosie x Stanley)

(Just so you all know what this fanfict is about i would suggest you google up "The Hanahaki Disease" because is gonna be mentioned a hella lot in this story, im letting you all know this now so it doesn't confuse you later on down the line and like always enjoy! nwn)

It was a usual cold day on Sodor. Every engine was out doing they're jobs like usual but some engine's noticed some thing off about a special particular engine. He wasn't hardly seen because he always worked down at the shunting yards with Rosie and Stanfford. But even when he wasn't at the Shunting yards he barely ever talked anymore. Over the past few months he almost never talked or even left the shunting yards. Some engine's thought that he was going through some thing so they tried to talk to him but he always just told them not to worrie about it and that he was perfectly fine.

The only engines that truly knew what was wrong with him was Whiff and Stafford but no one ever hardly spoke or suspected they would know why since they too was hardly ever seen out and about. Little did any of the engines know that his suffering could lead to his death if he wasn't careful enough.

Though it was a cold misty morning Stanley nor Stafford minded it, they actually kinda enjoyed it finally having peace at mind but Stafford made sure to keep an eye on Stanley for good reasons. Though it wasn't long until Stanley noticed this as he was shunting flatbeds and Vans around the area. Stafford was softly humming a tune of his own when Stanley apporached him. "Hey Stafford...." Stanley asked as Stafford looked over at him.

"Hmm? What is it Stanley?"

"How come you've been watching me this entire time while doing your own job?" Stanley asked as Stafford stopped next to him his expression changing from calm to worrie. "Look Stanely i know you don't want me and Whiff to worrie to much about the..... Disease.. but don't you worrie that it will seep into this form too?" Stafford asked as Stanley glanced away sighing. "Is already affecting this form but not as bad as my human form but if i just stick to this form I'll be alright though..... I can't really get rid of it without it affecting me in some emotional way...." Stanley softly spoke so no one else could hear.

"What'd you mean?" Stafford softly asked. "If i get it removed it will possably take away some of my memories with her not only that but i won't be able to love ever again....." Stanley said before coughing up a few petals just from the thought of getting it removed. Stafford watched the petals as they landed onto the rails infront of Stanley.

"Stanley i know your scared but i think is best you confess before is too late.... Is already affecting your speaking to the point you sound croaky, even sick maybe......and im sure it will soon start to affect more of you if your not careful......" Stafford said in a slivery tone of voice. Stanley knew he was right that this disease is starting to affect his other form. Though some of kids think he's taking a liking to flowers so when he's around that area they jump the fence and bring flowers of white and red to put on him to help the disease blend in.

Though he like the kind thought of the kids doing so it also pained him in a way. He knew how he got the disease but never spoke about it for a good while mostly because it never took affect until later on those past few months. It pained him because the petals and flowers started to show around his wheels, boiler, face and even near his cab, the most painful part was speaking because every now and then the flowers would grow in his boiler stinging him and his throat when he spoke. It had gotten so worse that when he speaks he ends up coughing up a bunch of flower petals. Whiff was the one that took notice first before Stafford did later on down the line.