CHAPTER 24

an;Yes guys, another updatewithin few hours

an;
Yes guys, another update
within few hours. I know it's
highly unbelievable, but it's
the truth. Hehe :D

Please vote and comment!
Updated on: 19th June '21.
Word count: 1250.
Not proofread.

✦✧✫✦✧

When the work day rolled, unlike all the other times, Hoseok was damn excited to go to the office today, and he believes this excitement of his to go to work wouldn't die any time soon.

Waking up, he expected Jeongguk to be at the kitchen counter, as usual, humming to a song as he cooked both of them some food. But when he didn't see him there, he was suddenly reminded of Jeongguk taking a leave the last night.

"I, umm, I'm sorry, but hyung, I think I should be leaving now.." Jeongguk trailed looking everywhere but Hoseok. They were both currently seated on the couch, watching some random show on the television.

Puzzled, "What? Why..?" Hoseok asked in return, now switching his attention to Jeongguk.

Jeongguk looked down at his fluffy slippers that he wore from where he sat, "I don't know.. I, I think I just miss my home." Clearly lying.

Now, Hoseok isn't as stupid as you all think he is. Okay, maybe he is oblivious enough to not realise Jeongguk's love for him, and even more so to not realise Jimin's intentions, but can you blame him? He barely had any friends outside Yoongi, and Taehyung upto some points. How was he supposed to know how to read people's faces?

But, coming back to the point, Hoseok knows Jeongguk enough to realise that whatever he reasoned himself with yesterday was clearly not true. There was definitely a different reason, but he decided not to push Jeongguk's buttons.

"Whatever it is, I just hope he's alright." He wishes as he goes to the kitchen to make some quick noodles for himself to eat, after which, off he goes to the office.

And surprisingly enough, when he reaches the building and enters inside, he meets Jimin just near the elevator, making him wonder if he is too early than his usual timing, considering Jimin is always present in his office, working on some documents by the time he daily arrives.

With a fluttering heart, he flashes Jimin a heartwarming smile but his smile falls as soon as it etched on his face when Jimin turns a blind eye to it.

Jimin— his date from a the day before yesterday, who is also his boss straight up ignored him, in a broad daylight. There's no way he didn't not see Hoseok smile. His smile was too bright, and too pretty to be ignored.