CHAPTER 26

author:Hi, guys

author:
Hi, guys. Belated
Happy New Year!

✦✧✦

"You can leave early, yes. But you're coming to my place."

Too stunned and confused to speak, Hoseok couldn't utter a word for a few seconds. "Y– your place? Why?"

Jimin then sighs. He takes Hoseok's hands in his own and brings them closer to his lips. Leaving a few open–mouthed kisses on the knuckles, Jimin gazes at Hoseok. He then uses his one hand to hold both of Hoseok's wrists, and the other to caress Hoseok's slightly swollen eyes.

Hoseok closes his eyes instantly, and tries to absorb the feeling of Jimin's soft palm on his face.

"Oh, Hoseok.." Jimin smiles deviously, You have no idea why, he thinks. He then leans a little lower to place a kiss on both of Hoseok's eyes. "Did you cry a lot today?"

Great. Jimin is bringing up the topic which Hoseok doesn't really want to talk about. At least, not right now.

Not when his mind and heart are both stuck at Jeongguk.

With his eyes still closed, Hoseok shakes his head, answering Jimin a 'No' in gesture. He then feels Jimin's palm holding his cheeks rather tightly, making his lips pucker a little. Hoseok takes it as an indication to open his eyes and look at Jimin.

Jimin's thumb runs over Hoseok's lips, "Use this pretty little mouth of yours to answer me, baby."

Hoseok's heart drops to the lowest depth of his stomach. That nickname, albeit this isn't the first time he's being called like so from Jimin, but something about this situation has made things a lot more hotter. "I didn't cry a lot.." he replies weakly.

Humming, Jimin scoffs softly, "Hasn't anyone told you, that you're not a good liar?" Smiling gently at Hoseok, he presses his inquiry further. "Did you cry because of me?"

And at that, Hoseok hangs his head low. He couldn't bring himself to look back into Jimin's sharp, questioning eyes. What if Jimin gets disappointed if he does agree?

"I don't like to ask twice, Hoseok." Jimin says authoritatively, and that's what it takes for Hoseok to spill the reason behind his tears without giving it another thought. Jimin listens to him calmly, and waits until he's done.

"Honestly, Hoseok, I was mad at you." He starts, taking Hoseok slightly by surprise. Before Hoseok could ask why, Jimin continues. "Not entirely at you, but you surely were the reason for me being so mad. Do you want to know why?"

And this time, Hoseok stops himself from nodding to instead reply verbally. "Yes, please."

"It's because of Jeongguk. Who does he think he is to snatch you away from me?" Hoseok could see Jimin's face slowly turning red because of anger now. "Tell me, Hoseok. What is your relationship with him? You said you guys are just friends."