CHAPTER 25

an;Hiiiiii

an;
Hiiiiii. Finally an update!
Don't yell at me for updating
once in a blue moon 🥺🥺

✫✫✫

After seeing Hoseok off on their first date, Jimin was furious. Because, after a very well spent day, just when everything was going good and smooth, something had to ruin it for him.

He was angered, yes, but at Hoseok? No. Not very much, at least.

Jeongguk had no right over Hoseok, so how dare he take him away from him? He breaths heavily in anger as he makes his way towards his luxurious home. He has to do something about this Jeongguk guy, or else he's afraid he'll lose Hoseok to him.

Jeongguk's actions spoke way louder than his words ever could have. Hoseok may be oblivious to his feelings, but jimin surely isn't. Only a few glares and some dry words from Jeongguk were enough for Jimin to conclude that he indeed, has a competitor.

That night after he dropped Hoseok at his place, Jimin tried his best to not show his obvious jealousy in front Hoseok, in which he was half successful.

As soon as the next day rolled in, Jimin couldn't take the haunting thoughts of Hoseok being together with Jeongguk away from his mind. So he does what he thinks is best.

He asked his secretary to find a team and start digging upon Jeongguk.

By the evening, the only relevant information that he received about the said male was that he's the sole heir of The Jeon Tech. Comoany. Not from the same field as his business, but he knows that they're widely known nationally.

He mused at the discovery, and instructed his secretary to continue doing her now new job.

"Um, sir..." the secretary hesitated, "There's also something else."

"Go ahead," jimin simply replied.

She put the pictures she had in her palms on the table as she said, "He was seen coming out of Mr Jung's apartment last night. We're not quite sure as to what their relationship is, but we're working on it, sir."

Jimin glared at her, "You better do it right, then."

She shuddered as she nodded, "Of course! You don't need to tell me twice." She assured, but jimin didn't reply, and instead he told her to leave with a final command, "I need to know everything about him within this week, or else.."

Jimin has to know everything about Jeongguk if he wants to snatch Hoseok from him. His strengths and his weaknesses, too. And he surely would learn about everything soon.

Leaving the meeting room after composing himself, Hoseok finds himself going towards his little office corner. He does not look up when he passes by Jimin's luxurious table, because he honestly does not want to look like a cry baby in front of his boss, considering his eyes have gotten red and so did his nose.

Sitting on his chair, Hoseok texts Jeongguk about coming back home late tonight, and told him to welcome himself inside the home until he arrives. Déjà vu. He scoffs pathetically.

Taking a one long breath out, Hoseok readies himself to do the work after cracking his knuckles.

With his hawk-like eyes, Jimin observes Hoseok. He is not gonna lie, the moment he saw Hoseok trying to hold back his tears back in the meeting room, and right now, the way Hoseok's face has gotten pink, his eyes slightly swollen because of all the crying.. "God damn, he looks so sweet like this," he mumbles, tracing a finger on the screen from where he could see Hoseok. "Really cannot wait to have you, my love."

He wished he could capture his face from close-up right now.

Unbeknownst to his boss's depraved thoughts, Hoseok continues doing his work in peace. He keeps checking if he has gotten any reply from Jeongguk, only to find that there's none. Sighing, he decides to confront Jeongguk.

But that should have to wait, considering he's not allowed to leave the office in his regular time.

;;

Hoseok didn't realise when his eyes gave up and he ended up sleeping. But waking up to his boss staring down at him surely knocked the sleep away from his eyes.

"M- Mr Park!" He clutches his heart with one hand while trying to set his hair right with another, "I, I'm,- so- sorry, I didn't m- mean to fall asleep.." Feeling Jimin's eyes boring at him, Hoseok's palms start sweating. "Please excuse me this once."

"Hoseok-ah."

The called male halts bowing the moment he hears Jimin call his name with an unreadable tone, making him shiver nonetheless.

Jimin scoots closer, now caressing Hoseok's cheek using his right hand. "Had anyone ever told you how pretty you are?"

Well, that was.. unexpected.

Hoseok slowly shakes his head as an answer. Jimin smiles at that and then pinches his chin, bringing Hoseok's face closer to his, "I'll have to change that, then."

The older male shudders at the closeness. Still being seated, he stumbles a bit backwards on his wheeled office chair and tries to scoot away from his boss. His heart beating loudly at the praise and at the intimacy, Hoseok wanted nothing more than to conceal his falling heart from the very man who is responsible for it to be feeling that way.

"Pretty.." smiling still, he says again, not batting his eyes.

"S- sir," Hoseok utters.

Jimin shushes him then. "Don't say anything." He stands back up, "Come here, give me a hug."

Hoseok's eyes get slightly wider. "I'm sorry?"

"I said," Jimin's smile drops and it would've looked dangerous, had it not been for his frown with traces of pout forming on his lips. "Come here, and give me a hug."

Hesitantly, Hoseok rises from his seat. Jimin engulfs him in a tight hug, almost squeezing the air out of Hoseok's lungs. He breaks the hugs a few moments later only to gaze at Hoseok. "So very pretty."

By this time, all the harmless grudge that Hoseok held against Jimin had all vanished. But there is a lot of confusion in his mind still. And it is what his face displays. So, Jimin takes it upon himself to interrogate about that. "Is there something you want to ask?"

And, Hoseok should probably have asked him about Jimin's odd behaviour which had been bothering him the entire day long. But strangely enough, he asks for something else. "May I leave early?"

Jimin squints his eyes at the request, but does not utter a word, so Hoseok continues. "I, I am done with my work." He trails, looking down, "I want to go home and take rest.."

That's not completely a lie though.

Hoseok does want to rest, albeit he wants to talk things out with Jeongguk first. But Jimin doesn't have to know that.

"You can leave early, yes. But you're coming to my place."

an; what do you think
will happen next??? 👀
Comment your thoughts
and don't forget to vote!

wc; 1.1k words.
Not proofread :]
22.06.2022.