CHAPTER 17

note

note.
The longest chapter
from this book so far!
WC. 1170 words.

Hoseok nervously makes his way towards his boss's desk. And when he finally arrives, he immediately caught Jimin's attention. The boss looks at him, curious as to why he came to him.

"Can I have a little break, sir?" Hoseok asks, "I feel like I need a coffee for me to continue working." He admits as he slowly looks up at Jimin, scanning his face to understand his mood.

Jimin raises his brow, satisfied that Hoseok didn't forget to call him sir this time, "I don't see why not? You can have a break of fifteen minutes."

Hoseok was happy he was allowed to leave the stuffy office, even if it was just for fifteen minutes. He thankfully bows and turns his heels to leave. But what he heard from Jimin the next second, stopped him from moving further briefly.

"Don't wander around for too long. Can't bear not seeing you."

Hoseok's heart started beating faster as soon as he heard that. He turns back to Jimin with a rather confused, flushed face, "I'm sorry?"

Jimin confidentially moves forward, restsing his hands on the desk, "You're being punished right now, aren't you, Mr. Jung?" He asks casually, earning a nod from the man in front of him "And I do not want you to pass your time wandering off in the cafeteria or anywhere in the building instead of working."

"O— oh," Hoseok stutters in realisation, suddenly feeling so small due to Jimin's confidence., and also because he was slightly disappointed at the answer. It wasn't something that he was expecting it to be, sadly.

"Why? Had some other thoughts?"

"Oh, n— no. Absolutely not!" Hoseok exclaims in a hurry, "I— I thought I h— heard you wrong is all."

"Aren't you forgetting to add something to that?"

Hoseok groans internally. Why does he have to do all of this? Is it so important to always address him despite knowing he's obviously the boss here? "Sir." He pauses, "I thought I heard it wrong." He repeats rather confidently this time.

Altough Jimin didn't believe his statement, he nodded and told Hoseok to leave. He saw the time as he left. It was twenty past nine. Everyone has probably left the office since its way past the working hours. Which meant Jimin and Hoseok are probably alone, if not in the entire building, at least in top floors.

The clock was ticking and Hoseok still didn't come. It was nine fourty already- meaning, Hoseok was gone for twenty minutes. And that's more than the time he was allowed to have a break.

"What's taking him so damn long?" Jimin mutters, already feeling the wish to punish Hoseok in a way he would love to. He's just restraining himself so that he could have Hoseok forever instead of just having him momentarily.

It may not look like it, but he actually calculates each and every decision he makes, especially if it's about Hoseok, ever since they met.

"I'll wait for another minute. And if he's still not here, I have no choice but to go, look for him."

Jimin waited but Hoseok wasn't back. So he gets up, and leaves his huge office. His instincts take him to the cafeteria, because Hoseok obviously wouldn't go to the men's bathroom down on the ground floor -or any other floor in general- because their floor already had some. So, the only thing Hoseok could look for would be something to eat, as he looked so exhausted.

And when was he ever wrong? He found Hoseok on one of the tables, chewing onto some sandwich, his ear plugs plugged in. But it clearly didn't look as though he was listening to music, but it rather looked like he was talking to somebody over phone. He frowns as he carefully moves forward, gesturing his workers at the cafeteria to not bow at him, nor wish him.

He didn't want Hoseok to stop speaking to whoever it might be. He believes there are high chances of the person being the one he has been so curious about.

"Oh, Gguk–ie!" Hoseok giggles, "Why are you so funny." He heard Hoseok's voice, "Enough. Go have your dinner, how long are you planning to starve yourself?" Hoseok sternly questions the caller.

"What? But I'm already having mine. I'm eating a sandwich as I'm talking to you." Hoseok says, his voice wasn't sharp because he was chewing.

He paused, Jimin assumed that was to hear the caller's reply. "Ah, I forgot to say this, Jeongguk. I'll be working overtime today and for the next two days. Don't wait up for me, okay? Eat by yourself and sleep. I don't know when I'll be back."

Jeongguk. It's him. Jimin confirms, it's him, I just know it. It's the same person Hoseok spoke not few days back right in front of his office.

And realisation soon hit Jimin. They fucking sleep together!?

"Oh, shit. Jeongguk. I think I'll have to leave. I'll talk to you later, okay? Eat up and sleep well." Hoseok says but doesn't wait for Jeongguk to respond. He gets up and hurriedly grabs his drink along with some tissues to wrap his remaining sandwich in them. He also took some extra to wipe his lips off before he enters the office.

He waited in front of the elevator to ding open but it was taking forever to land. He can't even think about going through the stairs because he doesn't want his legs to give up in the half way. So, he waits. Waits for the lift to come back down, soon.

Thankfully, he didn't have to wait for too long. The lift was here and he just got into it taking one long stride. Which made all the raise from the sandwich fall onto his rather clean shirt. He groans, "Great. I'm so lucky," he says to himself sarcastically as he uses all of the clean tissues he had to wipe the stains off his shirt.

"Ugh, I'm not even sure if I have money to buy new clothes for myself." He grimaces when he looks his reflection, which wasn't so clear, on the walls of the elevator. But it was still able to show the stain the sandwich left on his shirt.

The dirty stain was of mixed orange and yellow colours. "I doubt it'll go away even if I end up washing it numerous times."

He didn't have much time to complain further because the lift was soon open and he was met with the very familiar floor. He takes longer strides to reach the office, afraid he'd make his boss mad.

Gulping down the last bite of sandwich in one go, he finally enters the office. Jimin already indirectly warned him not to take too long. What is he going to say him now? Will he even excuse Hoseok? He doubts Jimin will.

author note.
not proofread.
Date. 05102020
Time. 09 40 pm.