CHAPTER 20

⤟not proofread

⤟not proofread.⤠

Hoseok couldn't believe it was Sunday already. But here he was, getting ready to leave for the so-called 'date'.

"Are you going somewhere? It's Sunday." Jeongguk asks, being confused, his voice was deeper than usual as he just woke up.

"Oh, yes. Right, I forgot to say this to you! I have a date today," Hoseok replies blushing slightly. Just the thought of spending his time with Jimin made him blush somehow.

It shouldn't, but it did.

"Date?" Jeongguk replies, his sleepiness all gone as he was now feeling betrayed. His heart clenched as he witnessed Hoseok's blush and his faint smile which he was trying so hard not to show. "Who? Do I know them?"

Hoseok thinks, "No, you don't, actually. It's my boss. He asked me out on a date."

"Your boss?!" Jeongguk exclaims in disbelief, "You're going on a date with you boss? I,— it's not professional."

If it was any other person, Jeongguk wouldn't care, he wouldn't give a damn. But it's Hoseok. So he just can't not care and he just can't not try to make him stop in the stupidest way possible.

"I mean, yeah. You're right. I thought about it a lot but I actually have no chance as this is my 'punishment'."

"Wait, what?" Jeongguk voices, "What sort of punishment is this? Going on a date with an employ? Does he think he's a main lead in a novel?" He rolls his eyes, trying not to show his jealousy.

"I don't know, Jeongguk. I'm just thankful he didn't fire me."

"He should've fired you instead." Jeongguk replies lowly, being annoyed, "Don't get me wrong, but you do know you can always come to me and work under me, don't you? I mean, I wouldn't say the company my dad stood is going bad. Besides, he's going to make me the head of it soon on my birthday." He mutters.

Hoseok smiles and goes towards where Jeongguk was seated on the bed, "You're so considerate of your hyung. Our Jeongguk-ie has finally grown up, huh?" He teases as he ruffled the younger's hair.

"Always been the mature one. You just chose not to acknowledge that." Jeongguk retorts, making Hoseok giggle at his pout.

"I take that back, you're still just that pouty baby."

Hoseok's giggles died down when Jeongguk suddenly grabbed his wrist and pulled him towards himself. Hoseok fell up on Jeongguk's tough, toned chest muscles. His eyes grew wide as he stared at Jeongguk's squinted ones, "I wouldn't say that if I were you."

Hoseok choked as he tried to move away but Jeongguk's grip was too hard to break away. Totally not because he was enjoying the feel of the younger's stiff muscles beneath his fingers.

Jeongguk loosened his grip after a few seconds passed. He was visibly thankful and relieved that Hoseok didn't immediately get up, and awkwardly shifted away from him. Hoseok was too distracted to do so.

There was a buzz followed by a ringtone from the table beside the bed, indicating a call on Hoseok's phone. So now he finally gets up and answers the call without really seeing the caller, "Y— yes?" His voice squeaked a little because of the sudden moment just before.

"Ah, sorry, boss. Sir. ... Ah, yes, I'm ready.. alright.. see you soon then."

And he hangs up the call. He looks at Jeongguk with an awkward gaze, "I, he's here. I'll see you soon. Good day, Gguk." He says as he rushed away from the room, leaving behind a confusing Jeongguk.

Should Jeongguk be happy because Hoseok momentarily seemed flustered because of him, or should he be unhappy because as soon as the call appeared, the mood quickly shifted from hot to awkward?

Word count: 624.
Updated on: 061220.
One forty eight am.