CHAPTER 18

"Finally back, aren't we?"

Was the first thing Hoseok heard as soon as he welcomed himself inside the office. And when his eyes landed on Jimin, he sure was mesmerized by his beauty. Because,

Unlike the time he left the office, their office wasn't bright at all. Instead, all the big lights were off, and the little golden coloured ones stayed., which made the office look really dim, but somehow Jimin managed to look so handsome in that setting. The golden lights somehow highlighted Jimin's handsome face even more, and Hoseok was convinced that his boss was God's favourite.

Jimin was stood right in front of his table, his hands folded, sharp gazes looking back at Hoseok, left brow arched up as soon as the assistant had entered the office. Hoseok could clearly say that Jimin was mad. He was angered, and the reason behind his anger was one person.

Jung Hoseok. Aka, himself.

Hoseok wouldn't lie, but he was intimidated by his boss. Actually, when was he not, at this point? Jimin is full of surprises, after all. Unpredictable and out of his reach.

He bows several times, muttering apologies. But Jimin wasn't here to buy any of it. "Tell me, Hoseok. What made you come back late?" Jimin asks, his question on point.

Hoseok couldn't utter a word because he honestly doesn't think saying I got carried away talking to my dearest friend would do him any good. Not in this situation, at least.

"I," he starts but stops as soon as he started because he was running out of options. Should I just lie? He contemplates, but before he could jump onto a conclusion, Jimin speaks.

"I'm waiting." He taunts.

"I, I didn't realize the time passed so quickly. Maybe because I was tired.." Hoseok reasons himself, which wasn't completely a lie. But what caught Jimin's attention was the last part. The boss hums in amusement, "Because you were tired, you say?" He asks again. Hoseok nods.

"Why don't you get in first, Mr. Jung? Let's talk about the consequence you're gonna be facing now for being late once we're all comfortable inside." Jimin suggests and turns his heel, makes his way over the other side of the table and sits on his leather office chair.

Hoseok nods and follows his suggestion. He walks inside cautiously, thinking hard about the possible outcomes. Don't tell me he's going to cut my salary for this he groans as his mind goes back to his salary.

Jimin hums again, thoughtfully. "What shall I do?" He mutters as he eyes Hoseok. Hoseok sat there, right in front of Jimin's desk, feeling uneasy about two things now. His salary, and his boss's fucking gazes. He couldn't bring himself to look back at him so he just looked down at his shoes [which weren't the most interesting things to look at, not when they look so close to tear apart.]

I'll have to buy a new pair, soon. Hoseok thinks looking at the shoes he wore, these look like they'll give up anytime soon.

"Well, did I say you to sit?" Jimin asks simply, rising his brows.

Embarrassed, Hoseok gets up abruptly, pushing away the chair in the process, "I— I'm so— sorry, I, I thought I could.." he mutters, feeling his cheeks go warm out of embarrassment.

"You thought you could, what, Mr. Jung?"

Jimin waits for Hoseok to answer but he didn't like where the conversations was going. So he just changes the topic. He cleared his throat, "Also, Mr. Jung," he mutters, "Did I not say you?" He questions. Hoseok's brows are connected now that he's confused. "Did I not say you to stop doing that?" He repeats again and looks at Hoseok's lips which were being bitten by his teeth.

"Oh, y— yes. I was.. just nervous." Hoseok admits.

Jimin squints his eyes as they remained on the latter's lips, instantly reminding Hoseok of his warning. Which made Hoseok stop doing the action but not before licking them once. Jimin sighs as he tries to suppress his growl.

"This Sunday.." Jimin lowly speaks.

Hoseok expected he would get yelled at and get scolded by his boss, because that was an obvious outcome of not being able to follow his basic order. But, unlike what he was expecting, Jimin suddenly smiles at him, "Free up your schedule this Sunday." He commands,

"Let's go on a date."

author note:
Thank you for reading.
Don't forget to vote and
comment.

••

31102020 / 11 21 pm.