2: At Lunch

2: At Lunch

"Do not tarry, do not stop, no matter what happens."

The meeting with the heads took place a while later in the main conference.

"Ladies and gentlemen. I'm sure you know of the crisis the company is suffering." Valerita spoke clearly and confidently. "I'd like to hear your opinions."

"I believe we all know the single most effective solution to this problem." An old man stated. "An integration."

Valerita's hopes fell. She really didn't want to share the ownership of her family's company with anybody else.

"Yes a partnership might be able to compensate for losses." A woman said.

"But we would need someone quite powerful. A little company won't do." Another person told.

Valerita basically zoned out after a while. She couldn't stop thinking about the consequences rather than the process.

Did this mean she would lose her grasp on her parents' memory?

Is everything completely out of hand?

Such questions rang in her mind until Pamela stepped into the now empty conference room and brought her boss back to her office.

"Ma'am." Pamela tried to grab Valerita's attention.

"Everything's going wrong Pamela! I can't bear it. What can I do?" Valerita blurted without notice.

"Mr. Cavill requests a luncheon with you. Right now." Pamela said.

"But he's never wanted to make an appearance. He has always sent a representative in his place."

"Yes that's true. But this time he will be present in your private meeting."

"Wha- what does he want? He's our biggest threat currently, since the incidence in California. He probably wants to buy me out. I can't let that happen Pamela. Cancel it!"

This was rare time, seeing her boss helpless and fragile. Sometimes Pamela thought there was nothing that could break her boss. But now she saw how the fear of losing the one thing she found passion in brought her to the verge of tears. She didn't want that to happen.

"Ms. Monroy." Pamela mumbled. "You should go."

"Huh?" Valerita was taken a back.

"You should meet him in a while and try to gain some fix for our company."

"You think so?"

"I do."

*

Valerita arrived at the private dining lounge in one of Cavill's five star restaurants. It was just as the expected grandeur in every famous restaurants.

The manager showed Valerita to the private booth where Mr. Cavill was seated.

Although she hated to admit it, it was undeniable how extremely good looking he was. Dark hair and eyes to go well with his slightly tanned skin. He wearing a grey suit over a red shirt, sitting like, well.... like he owned the place. His sexy body was clearly visible even though he wore those layers of clothing. He held a mischievious grin in his perfectly chiseled face and a glass of white wine in his left hand.

The manager shut the door to the large room with a single table and two chairs with Mr. Cavill leaning over the table with his back to it, leaving Valerita alone with the handsome debonaire.

She quietly hoped all would go well during the lunch before walking up to him and greeting him. "Good afternoon Mr. Cavill. It's a pleasure to meet you." She raised her right hand to shake with his but he just remained still.

She took her seat while he finally sat down as well.

Michael was awestruck at her flawless beauty since the minute she entered the room. Yet he kept quiet and scolded himself to come directly to business.

Oh, how he controlled his urge to hold her tight against him and kiss those luscious lips of hers. He wanted to run his fingers through that shinny, soft hair and touch every part of her sexy body. He wanted strip off her clothes right there and touch that soft, seductive skin.

She drove him crazy with lust.

"May I ask why you've asked for my presence here?" Valerita asked. She sounded annoyed, yet he found her fetching.

"I want to personally invite you to tonight's party." His voice was cold and deep and sent chills down her spine.

How can someone she practically hates right now, intimidate her so badly?

"That's it?!" Anger spit out from her. "You never make any appearances. Whether it's my company or someone else's. You have that secretive attitude of yours. And now you call me to lunch to give me a personal invitation?!"

"I see." He spoke while chuckling to himself. "You're the first woman I've met who wants to talk business with me. You're so proffessional. I like it."

Valerita calmed herself down.

"I think I can comply with you. Our partnership should be quite strong." He continued.

"Excuse me?"

"I assumed you knew of the problems your company is facing."He was basically mocking her.

"Of course. But I never asked for your help."

"So you don't need it?"

Valerita couldn't deny the fact that she did. "No, no." She quickly said then sighed. "I think our companies should decide on an integration."

Their meeting went on for some hours talking about the integration and details to be noted in the Partnership Deed. They ordered lunch and ate it as they discussed some stragies that was as professional as it could be.... Until....

"Very well. It is only fair I present my conditions now." Michael almost sounded demanding.

"Conditions?" Valerita stiffened.

"Well yes. I know I can't gain much out of this so I have a few conditions."

"Alright." She did not want to give in one bit but she realised she was on the weak side.

AN
Pay good attention at his conditions.

Muahahahaha! (Evil smirk)

How do you like Michael's attitude?

I've still got a few tricks up my sleeve though. Just wait....

♥K²