14: Surprise Lie

14: Surprise Lie

"I like my money right where I can see it... Hanging in my closet."

Fifteen minutes later Valerita went downstairs to the garage and found Michael waiting for her in his car.

"Where do you shop?" Michael asked.

"What do you mean?" Valerita gave him an innocent confused look.

"I mean like Milano, Gucci, Prada or LV. Which do you prefer?"

"I don't know."

Michael laughed. "You're the first woman I've met that doesn't know what brand she wants to buy."

"Pamela always did the shopping. The dresser would come by and do her magic, then I'm ready for anything. Oddly this is the first time in years I've come out for shopping. I'm usually just too busy."

"Well, I think we'll visit all of the top places around and see what's best." Michael concluded.

The drive was agonisingly silent after that, but they reached their destination minutes later.

Valerita tried on a million outfits before heading to a different place and doing the same thing all over again.

Three trips later Valerita finally got the courage to ask him. "Why couldn't you just settle for that blue number? You can't deny I looked hot in that one."

Michael chuckled. "There's no denying you looked hot. Still do. Right now. Just wearing jeans and a shirt. But I think you should wear something guaranteed that no other woman in that party has seen before."

"So that's what this is all about." Valerita said as they got out the car and into the next boutique.

"How may I help you, Sir and Ma'am?" A petite lady came up to them at the door and asked.

"Your one of a kind, exclusive items. Never seen before. For the lady." Michael told her, gesturing towards Valerita.

"Right this way. My name is Lena." She led them to an adjoining room. "Ma'am, please come. I'll need your measurements."

After taking her measurements, Lena brought so many gowns, minis and cocktail dresses for Valerita to try on, that she lost count after about an hour.

"This is hopeless." Valerita sighed as she yet again faced Michael shaking his head over the grey dress she wore.

"No. It's not." Michael interjected.

"It is. Until you stop being so judgemental ." Valerita sulked.

Michael caught something behind her and stood up heading towards the lilac, georgette gown worn by the mannequin.

"Sir," Lena called, "that's a wedding gown."

"But it isn't white." Michael retorted.

"Wedding gowns don't always have to be white. It can be a light colour like this one." Valerita told him.

"I want to see you in this dress." Michael demanded fiercely.

"But I'm not a bride."

"It doesn't matter."

Moments later, Valerita arrived from the changing room wearing the peachy-lilac wedding gown which Michael picked out stubbornly. It was strapless and lacy, tracing around her chest and deep between her breasts until just above her navel, with only a thin net coating adjoining the two lace curves. Lilac georgette covered her lower back and stomach, meeting the diamond crested belt around her waist. Leaving silk and georgette drapes flowing down to her ankles, emphasizing her sexy, slender legs.