3: Some Conditions

3: Some Conditions

"Try to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new."

"They start out like this." Michael had that playboy grin on his face although it went unnoticed by Valerita's continious worry.

What does he want? She thought.

"Firstly, I get to swing by the offices at any time. Play out commands at any time." He said.

Valerita simply nodded. It wasn't that bad.

"Secondly, we change the company name to Monroy-Cavill Corporations." He continued.

"Fine." Valerita agreed, but she didn't like this condition very much. Yet it was bearable.

"Lastly, I get to see you any time I like. Whether you like it or not. Whether it's important or not. Whether it's proffessional or personal. You have to do as I say, when I say so." His words stung her visciously.

"I'm sorry what?! I am not going to be your slave!" Valerita complained harshly.

"Call it whatever you like, but you have to listen to me Val...." Michael told her calmly.

Suddenly Valerita felt her heart fall. Val. He called her. The name drained happiness from inside her. It just broke her....

Flashback--

Valerita just got admitted to Harvard University and fumbled with her bags looking for her dorm.

Even though her dad told her she could use their family's nearby luxury apartment, she wanted a full college experience and decided to try out a dorm. Though her dad pulled some strings and got her a private one, meaning no room mate.

Finally she found the door she'd been searching for and brought out the key she'd been given during registrations.

But no matter which way she tried to twist and turn it, the door just wouldn't open.

"Eh-hmm." Someone cleared their throat behind her, surely to grab her attention.

She turned around meeting her eyes with his dark and loomy ones. He had a tall, handsome figure and looked roughly nineteen years old to her being sixteen.

He gazed her up and down, taking in every detail before giving her an opened mouth smile then chuckle suddenly.

"Why are you laughing?" Valerita glared at him, clearly not happy.

"I'm sorry. You're kinda young for college." He told her and she felt a little embarassed.

"I skipped two grades."

"Smart. But that's my dorm you're trying to break open."

Valerita felt her cheeks burn and looked down her registration paper and as a matter fact, she was at the wrong door. Hers was the one just before it.

She quickly apologized and turned to leave but he blocked her way.

"It's fine. Anyway, I'm Mike Cornell." He introduced himself and winked at her.

She felt another blush rise up to her face before telling him her own name. "Valerita Monroy."

"Valerita." He emphasized. "Beautiful. Can I call you Val? And promise me you won't let anyone else steal that honor of mine."

"Val. Sure." She finally gave him the smile he'd been longing for so long.

Flashback end--

She felt a shake and broke away from her thoughts.

"Huh?" She asked, confused.

"Are you alright?" Michael asked her instead.

"I'm fine." She pulled herself back to the current. "Look Mr. Cavill, I.... I.... I need time.... To think about this. Please." She hated to plead before him, but Valerita would do anything to save the company.

"I accept. But I give you time until tonight. Only." Michael stated. "I will call you around privately."

Valerita sighed. "It's settled then. I'll see you tonight Mr. Cavill-"

"Michael. Call me Michael." He cut her off.

Valerita nodded. She stood up and left the room without another word.

Michael was left stunned. She looked gorgeous the way she strutted out. She felt so different with the way she treated him. But there was still this feeling burning inside of him, neither lust nor love nor attraction but it was there.

Valerita went back to her penthouse to think over his conditions. She shut her mind away from the fact that he called her Val and reminded her of her past.

"What am I supposed to do Christy? I can't be his slave my whole life." Valerita whined while Christy did her hair. She was modelling a chic black and pink designer gown made up of velvet and georgette. It was a halter with a deep v-neckline and there was a cut beginning from her left upper thigh til the end of the dress giving a flowing and sexy look. It amazingly showed off her hour glass figure. She finished the look off with a black velvet clutch and pink stilettos.

"Miss Rita, I know your decision will be for the good of the company. So, no matter what you decide, it will still be right." Christy assured.

After a dab of lipstick, Valerita was ready to go.

Christy's words sunk through her and she realised she'd have to go through with the hard way.

*

"Good evening, honorable guests. Thank you for your presence here tonight at my mother's yatch to celebrate our company's recent success of breaking the highest profit margin we've ever made in a year." Michael announced proudly to all of the present visitors dressed in the finest of attires.

On one side of the skydeck stood snacks and refreshments and on the other lied a wide dancefloor with a huge disco ball above it.

Valerita just got up the deck and confidently sat at one of the many richly decorated dinning tables.

Michael couldn't take her eyes off her. She looked magnificent. Her every curve drowned him with desires to touch every piece of her. Her beautiful hair tied up in a gala updo with some free locks falling over her face looked outstanding. Her dazzling smile had the night's and every man's attention. And those sexy, long, bare legs were priceless.

Of course the first to catch her eye was Michael's fabulous body that made her legs all wobbly. She could die of excitement just looking at his handsome face and well built figure.

"A round of applause for my dear mother." Michael continued to gain a loud applaud from the audience. "Please, enjoy the party."

AN
God knows what might happen in the party?

Does she agree to the conditions or not?

♥K²