17 - not on purpose

Malibu, CA
September 2015

Haley Winston

"What do you mean that you don't know?" I said and looked at Pete.
"Yeah I don't know" he said and he was staring out the window in my living room as he was sitting on the couch and I was sitting across from him in my armchair.

"You don't know if you want to be with me?" I said and felt my throat tighten and I held back the tears that where about to spill from my eyes

"No I don't, not after what you did during our break" he said and I felt the sadness turn in to anger instead. "What I did? You are trying to pin this on me?" I said and he still didn't look at me.

"I'm not pinning anything on you, to know I was that fucking replaceable" he said and I raised my brows.
"Well can you imagine how it felt knowing you fucked someone else the same night you were telling me you loved me and had a fucking work emergency?" I said and looked down at my hands that were shaking from the anger I felt at this moment. We both were now standing up and he was standing so close to me I could almost feel his breath on my face.
"So no you don't get to pin this on me" I said and he chuckled and shook his head. He lifted his hand up and grabbed my face between his hand squishing my cheeks so hard it was hurting me and I squinted my eyes closed before trying to lean back away from his grip.
"Yeah how did that feel? Since I get the feeling that you didn't really love me anyway" he said and his voice stung like venom in my ears before he let go of my face and took a step back.

"You're a real piece of shit do you know that? Here I was thinking we could fucking sort this out and all you do is saying I hurt you while visiting my best friend on his tour to try and think of something else than me not being enough for you... and if it's one of us that doesn't really love the other it's you. Cause you don't cheat on the people you love" I yelled and he looked up at me and and looked me in the eyes for the first time tonight.

"We can sort this out, I just need some space" he said and I shook my head and wiped my cheek with my hand. "Sure, have your fucking space.. but just so you know I really did love you and I thought you felt the same" I said and stood to my feet and Pete did the same.

"Haley.." he spoke and reached for me but I took a step back. "You should go, and call me when you've made up your damn mind" I said and he sighed and nodded his head before he left and when I heard the door close I sunk down to my knees and sobbed as my hands rested on the cold marble floor of my kitchen. I don't know how I sat there cause eventually I was laying down with my cheek pressed to the floor and my tears just wouldn't stop running down my cheeks. I could hear my phone vibrate in the distance but I couldn't move to pick it up.

"Haley?" I heard a voice echoing through my house and a pair of heels came in to sight and Stevie shook my shoulder. "Haley Jesus Christ are you alright? Did you take anything? Haley you need to answer me!?" She yelled and I turned my head to look at her.