7 - cheers then luv

March 2015

Haley Winston

So I went away. I've been hiding out at a private island of Africa's coast called the bird island. I've turned my phone off and just dedicated the past three months to myself. I flew out a few days after New Years and had Stevie pack up all the things I would need and my guitar and get those things on a plane here.

It had been nice, incredibly nice.
I haven't spoken to anyone in three months besides the staff on the resort and the people at the restaurants. And I've never felt better.

I felt happy, I've gotten so much writing done but I was far from a full album but it was something at least. And I've also gotten myself a very nice tan, I've literally been laying on a beach for three months so I'm definitely tan.

But now I was back in Malibu, and I needed to do something. I had just turned my phone back on and I was a little scared to look at it to be honest. And I knew Stevie would give me an ear full when I called her back, when I told her I was going away for a while I also told her to take some time off before I literally just hung up on her.

"Haley?" The voice in the other end of my phone said. "Hi Harry" I said and he sighed.
"Jesus Christ, I haven't heard from you since New Years are you okay?" He said and I chuckled.

"I'm fine, I've just been you know taking care of myself... and now I've got nothing to do so I was thinking maybe I could take you up on that offer to come join you on tour for a few shows?" I said and Harry chuckled.

"Of course, when?" He asked and I looked up at the ceiling.

"I was thinking I could fly out tonight maybe? I understand if it's kind of short notice and all" I said.

"No, no it's fine of course uh we are headed to Singapore in a few hours so I guess I'll see you there? I'll text you the info for the hotel and all that" he said.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow then" I said and smiled to myself.

"See you tomorrow" he said before I hung up the phone and I knew I needed to call Stevie back. And she would probably kill me. So I knew it was just something that needed to be done.
But first I repacked my bags and booked a plane ticket to Singapore and ordered a car.

"Haley Anna Townes Winston, where the hell have you been?" Stevie yelled as she picked up the phone and I sighed.

"Hello Stevie, how are you?" I said calmly.

"I'm good, where the hell have you been? I was so close to make a search party for you, are you insane you could've just as well been kidnapped" she said and I chuckled.

"Well I wasn't I've been on a private island for three months taking care of me, it was well needed... and I'm fine" I said and picked at the material of my yoga pants.

"Good, well are you ready to go back to work or what are you feeling?" She asked and I sighed.

"No, I think I'm gonna take this entire year off and release an album at the beginning of next year" I said and she sighed.

"You are making the call to Rob, okay?" She said.

"Yes I will call him myself, and just so you know I'm on my way to Singapore" I said and she sighed.

"What the hell are you going to do in Singapore?" She asked.

"I'm gonna go see Harry, so you need to handle the press, can you do that for me?" I asked and she sighed.