50 - lashing out

Media, Pennsylvania

April 2017

Haley Winston

A kids birthday party was always  a handful.
My brother had also gone all out for the twins today, the entire backyard was decorated with balloons and they've rented a bouncy house and a ball pit.

There were kids everywhere, along with our family members.
We came here early this morning to help out and I was already exhausted. This medication had its backsides, one of them was the tired part. I knew it wouldn't last but since I haven't been on it for too long I can still feel my body being a little strange.

Harry has been a trooper though, he's been decorating. Playing with the twins before their friends got here, he even went in to the bouncy house trying it out with them. It was a lovely sight.
Harry with kids over all made me all tingly and warm inside. And I could definitely see us in a future with a handful of kids.

Okay maybe not a handful, but maybe two or three at least. And definitely not in a few years, I kind of wanted it the traditional way. Like get married first and then have kids.
I don't know why I think it's just the really cliche thought of it that makes me want my future to be like that.
I have no clue what Harry would like, if he even pictures a future with me at all. I wouldn't know, we've never really talked about it.
We haven't been a couple for too long either so a heavy conversation like that would probably be a little scary right now.

And not because we don't love each other or we are uncertain about what we'd want in life. But we are both still so young and things can happen, we are still in some kind of honeymoon stage. We don't know how things are going to be for us in a year, that can really freak me out some times.

Since Harry was in charge of playing with the kids I was in charge of the food alongside my mother. So I was cutting up some feta cheese to make some snack with cheese and watermelon.
I was humming along to the weekends last album, when I felt a pair of arms sneak around my waist making me jump.

Looking down I saw the familiar tattoos hugging me from behind and a pair of lips attached to my neck when I smelt the familiar cologne. He smelled so nice today, I don't know what was different from any other day but it was fantastic.

"how's it going?" He asked and leaned his head on my shoulder.
"Good, you done playing with the kids?" I asked and pushed toothpicks in to the cheese.

"Mhm, they gave me a break.. Gavin took over" he said against my skin.
"You look really pretty today if I haven't said that already" he said making me blush a little.

"Thank you pretty boy" I said and turned my head to kiss his cheek. He took a watermelon cube from the cutting board and smirked when he placed it between his lips and sucked it from his fingers in to his mouth.
"Just as sweet as you" he smiled and I shook my head with a laugh.

"Mm.. have you tried the strawberries they're really really good" I said and held out a strawberry for him and he smirked before putting his lips around it and our eye contact didn't break once when he hummed around the strawberry.

He just made eating strawberries sexy.

"Hey fruit man, you're turning me on at a kids  birthday party" I said and pulled the strawberry away from him and ate the rest myself.
"that was one incredible strawberry" he said and gave me a small smirk.

"Did you two see that we made it to the tabloids?" I turned my head and saw Sam speak out as he walked in to the kitchen with his phone out.
"What?" I huffed and felt Harry's hand on my back sneaking it's way up to the back of my neck lightly massaging me.