45 - happy valentines

February 14th
Valentines Day

Nashville, Tennessee

Haley Winston

Waking up to fingers tingling over my back and the sun slightly peeking in through the curtains of the hotel room.
Warm sheets against my bare back and a warm chest against my own.
"Happy valentines baby" Harry said and hummed and wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I ordered breakfast" he said and I placed a kiss to his chest and then his neck.
"That sounds..-" I started but was interrupted by my phone ringing. I groaned and reached for it, it was an unknown number and I sat up holding the sheets to my chest.

"Hello?" I said and in to the phone and Harry furrowed his brows watching me closely.
"Good morning miss Winters, it's Dr.Rodgers.. I'm calling because I have your results" he spoke and I sighed and held a finger up to Harry and rolled out of bed and grabbed a robe and then walked out on the balcony.

"Sorry, hi.." I said and held the phone to my ear, the February air cold against my bare legs.
"Yes, I'm sorry to bother you with this on a day filled with love" he chuckled and I sighed and nodded my head.

"No worries"
"So well I've got your results and I'm very sorry to tell you this but what we've seen on the MRI is that you have something called bursitis, which is caused by a disease calla RA" he spoke and I gasped and felt my eyes fill with tears.

"Okay.."
"are you familiar with RA?" He asked.
"Uh no"

"RA is an auto immune disease, which causes chronic inflammation in your joints. It occurs when your immune system accidentally attacks its own tissue. It's treatable through medication and in your case it has caused bursitis. Which is basically an inflammation in a fluid filled sack between your joints, I'm very sorry miss Winston" the doctor spoke and I sighed and rubbed my forehead.

"Uh.. it's alright, I- you said it was treatable?" I asked.
"Yes, there is medication.. but the most effective thing is rest, get enough sleep and make sure you eat right. And I will send this to the rheumatologist closest to where you're right now and they'll start to set up a plan for treatment. And if it would cause you more pain there is cortisone injections that could help. This is also a condition that have flare ups, which means that you can go a long time without any symptoms and then they'll get worse for a period of time" he explained and I sniffled a bit.

"I-okay, I'm in Nashville right now.. I'll send you my email and you can email me the information.. if it would be possible to see someone tomorrow that would be great" I spoke.

"Of course, your doctor will also be able to help you answer any questions you have" he said.

"Okay.. thank you so much Dr.Rodgers" I said and he told me to have a nice day before we hung up the phone and I sighed and leaned against the railing.

Fuck, fucking hell.

This couldn't be possible, I was so convinced I was just over worked. That I'd have a chronic illness almost made me sick.

"Haley? Breakfast is here, you coming inside?" I heard Harry ask as he opened the door.
"Yeah.. sorry I was just appreciating the view" I said and turned around.

"Who was on the phone?" He asked.
"Just the label, had some questions" I shrugged and he nodded his head as he placed the trey of food in the middle of the bed.

"This looks delicious" I said and he smiled at me as he handed me a fork.
I was going to tell him, but not today. Today was going to be a good day. And I know he'd be worried sick if I told him and he'd probably take me to a doctor right this second.