18 - what happened to her

New York City
New Year's Eve 2015

Harry Styles

The moment she said get me out of here I made sure a driver was waiting outside before getting our coats from the wardrobe and got her out of here as fast as I could.
She haven't spoken a word since we got in the car and she said take me home so I told the driver the address of her parents house.
Her cheek was starting to bruise and I felt my heart clench as I looked at it. No one should ever put their fucking hands on a woman and especially not her. I wanted to bash his face in with a fucking bat and the moment I saw them in that hallway I knew something was wrong. The way he held her face made my stomach churn and my blood boil. 

"Haley.. I'm so sorry" I said and her hazel eyes met mine. "It's not your fault Harry" she said and I sighed.
"I know, I- I just you don't deserved that... no one does, that is not a way to treat someone you say you love.. he didn't deserve you" I said and her eyes became glossy and that's when she broke down.

"Can I touch you Haley?" I asked and she nodded her head and I unbuckled and slid over to her and wrapped my arms around her and she rested her head on my chest. I stroked my finger through her hair and let her cry in to my chest.
"He won't touch you like that again Angel I promise" I said and placed a kiss to her forehead.

"I don't know what got in to him... I- I don't understand he.." she started and I stroked her back. "Shh... it's going to be ok" I tried to comfort her and she sobbed in to my neck again.

"He grabbed me a bit hard before but he never put his hands on me like that... I should've seen the red flags I should've known" she spoke as her sobs slowed down and I sighed and put my fingers under her chin to tilt her head back.

"Angel, this is not your fault

"Angel, this is not your fault... you see the good in people and that is one of your best qualities and I'm so sorry that this happened" I said and she sighed.
"I should've not given him a second chance" she said and I sighed and shook my head.

"Haley, listen to me... this is not your fault" I said and she nodded her head.
"I'm sorry" she said and I shook my head.

"Just relax and we'll be at your parents house soon" I said and rested my head on top of her and heard her sob in to my chest again. As we pulled up to her parents house I could see the lights were still on and I guess it's still early for New Year's Eve.
As I lifted my phone it read 2:30 am and I locked it and put it in my pocket as Haley lifted her head from my chest.

"Thank you Tom" I said and gave the driver a smile and he nodded as I opened the door on Haley's side and she got out and I got out behind her walking up to the door giving it a knock as she held on to my jacket.

The door swung open and I was met with the beep brown eyes of her father. And he smiled as he saw me and my eyes trailed from his to the small woman clinging to my jacket and his eyes followed mine.
"what happened?" He said and I sighed and he stepped to the side and stepped in to the house.