22 - born to die

February 2016

Los Angeles, California

Haley Winston

"Hello Max" I said as I walked in to the studio and was met with the smile of one of the best producers and songwriters in the music industry.
Max is a fucking legend I'll give him that, they even got a saying that a hit ain't working unless it's Max who produce and write.

I've been working with him for a really long time but this time was a little different since I've written everything besides one song on my own. I just needed help with the producing so Max and Ben is here to work with me today, along with the sound engineer Patrick.

"Hello sunshine, ready to get to work?" He smiled at me and I nodded.

"I am, hello fellas" I said and waved to Ben and Patrick.
"Hi Cherry" Ben said and leaned back on his chair.
"So when is the band coming in?" Ben asked.

"Afternoon, I thought we could do vocals first" I said and they all nodded.
"So I got the beat for some of the tunes we worked on last time I saw you.. but We are looking at an intense week to get this done, is that alright with you Haley?" Max said and I nodded my head.

"Yup, I'm booked Wednesday.. but I'm all yours besides that day" I said and he nodded his head.

"Okay so what have you got for me?" I asked and Max and Ben smiled at me.
"Did you use the strings we talked about?" I asked and Max nodded.

"Yes, and Larry is coming in this afternoon to record it for us" he said and I smiled and gave him a nod. 
Max pushed play for the beat he had and I nodded my head along with it.

"So you ready to put some vocals to this?" I nodded my head and got up to get in to the booth. I've been working on this song for so long and I can't really wait for it to be done.

"Feet don't fail me now. Take me to the finish line. Oh my heart it breaks every step that I take.
But I'm hoping at the gates they'll tell me that you're mine"

I sang and Max gave me thumbs up.
"That's great, keep it kind of monotone in the first verse and then we'll speed it up from there" he said and I nodded my head as I agreed with him. I waved his finger in the air for me to keep going.

"Walking through the city streets, is it by mistake or design?
I feel so alone on a Friday night, can you make it feel like home if I tell you you're mine.

It's like I told you, honey"

The last part wasn't planned to be there but I kind of just breathed it out making Max smile through the glass. I could hear the beat in my headphones and I just kept going. Knowing I was on a roll.

"Don't make me sad, don't make me cry.
Sometimes love is not enough and the road gets though, I don't know why. Keep making me laugh.
Let's go get high, the road is long we carry on. Try to have fun in the meantime.