Chapter 28 - Promises

Gosh, these Harry Potter memes are getting too much for me to handle. 😂😂😂

---

{Y/N's POV}

It was Christmas Day. By the time I had woken up, Tom was gone.

"He must be in the Chamber of Secrets again," I thought.

I got out of bed and put on my slippers. The floor was freezing cold.

I did my typical morning routine. After I was satisfied with how I looked, I walked down the stairs to the common room. I looked at the Christmas tree. I wasn't surprised that there weren't any gifts under the tree. I understood how Tom felt, but I still couldn't help to feel a little upset.

My gift for Tom was well hidden under the bed.

An owl hooted from a nearby window. I recognized the owl. It was Molly's owl. It had two letters. I approached it and took the letters. The first one was from Molly.

Dear Y/N,

I miss you and Lily so much! It's currently two days before Christmas right now, but Happy Christmas! Arthur finally met my parents and Good Godric! You should have seen his face. He looked like he was about to faint. He was super nervous, but my parents LOVED him. He loved them too (thank Godric). How are things at the orphanage and with Tom?

Love, Molly, your BFF.

P.S. Don't feed the owl, it digests food quickly.

I pulled my hand away just before I was about to feed it. The next letter was from Lily.

Happy Christmas, Y/N!

Well, I hope you received this on time. How are you doing? Have you and Tom done it yet? Tell me some stuff! Yes, I'm desperate for some news because my sister, Petunia keeps talking about her "relationship" with a pig named Vernon. Godric, it's pestering me! Their disgusting relationship is too much for me to handle. I need some good news. Please tell me you have some!

-Lily Evans, your other best friend forever.

P.S. Potter asked me out for a date and I said yes! He's not the big jerk we think he is unless you get to really know him!

I laughed at Lily's letter. I noted to myself to reply to their letters later.

I felt a presence behind me. I turned around and saw Tom. He was inches from my face.

"Happy Christmas," I said to him.

"Happy Christmas, Y/N."

We stood there awkwardly.

"I got you something," he said.

"Really?" I asked, surprised.

"Really."

He pulled out a small box wrapped in wine red wrapping paper.

"You're not opening it now though," he said and put it back in his pocket. He knew how impatient I was.

"I got you something too," I said. "But you're opening it later tonight as well."

He smiled and nodded.

"Come on, I want to show you something," he said and grabbed my hand.

・゚✧in the chamber of secrets・゚✧

I opened my eyes and found myself in the Chamber of Secrets with Tom by my side. Flashbacks of what had happened appeared inside my head.

"I want you to meet something," he said.