Service 63

Here we go again
Play music darlings

Nights had never been easy for me in my own house

Nights had never been easy for me in my own house. Constant fights, yells, crashes and on the other side of the door I lay– huddled in the comforts of my blankets and pillows in the empty room. It was dark, the moon being the only source of light, coming from the open window as the slight wind ruffled the curtains. I sat on my bed, in the middle as the war on the other side continues.

"Quiet..... down..." I whisper covering my ears as I squeezed my eyes shut.

"It's....loud." I whisper.

I didn't like loud spaces or places. At least when yelling and shouting were included. I was sensitive to it. The other kids in my class called me too sensitive. I wasn't. I am just more scared and weak than the others. When would they understand that our situations are different. I wasn't born in a peaceful household as them. I know. It is wrong to assume someone's situation but weren't others doing the same to me, so why was I wrong?

My room was plain. I never found any reason to decorate it. It's pale colored walls were a reminder of my cursed life. I was not special. No knight on a silver armor would save me. I didn't believe it. I couldn't believe it. My pillow is wet. I touch my cheeks. They are damp as well. I sniffle as I wipe away my tears. Why was I crying? I am so sick of crying. I had shut my door as always, while my parents yelled and shouted. It was lonely. I wanted someone to hug me.

"Hey it's going to be fine."

I flinched as I looked up. He stood there. Looking more human than he had ever seemed before. His eyes shining due to the slightest light from the moon. I looked at you as you stood before me.

"Sorry, I couldn't come earlier." You apologized.

It wasn't your fault that I'm a cursed child.

"Here put these on. I made sure that they are noise cancelling." You smile softly as you placed the headphones on my head.

Immediately the world became silent. All I heard was the music from the device and the image of you pulling me to your chest. My back to your chest, pillows around us as I felt you play with my hair. You always did that. Somehow you knew that it calmed me. Somehow you knew that I needed someone to save me.

"Why did you....come?" I whisper and even though I couldn't hear your answer, your soft actions of playing with my hair and holding me close to your chest gave me peace.

Say Rin, did you know how much you made feel at home? How much being near you gave me comfort? I think you knew but you never retorted.

In this cruel world, you were holding me in your arms, playing with my hair as I felt the soft breathing of your chest. Home. It wasn't a place for me. No. For me home was not a person or a feeling.

"I'm here Y/N, you can sleep." You said and I heard you.

We fell asleep on my bed. Two kids holding hands. You held one of hands while you hd your other draped around me, keeping me close to you. Suddenly, I didn't feel cold anymore. I felt warmth. A warmth that I felt only with you. Near you. From you. The blank was not nearly as warm as you holding my hand. The headphones were discarded on the tabletop, while you murmured "It is okay." or "I am here" to me. That was all the warmth I needed.