Service 4

Nishinoya and Y/N were walking together, as they lived in the same direction. They had yet another late practice session today. Everyone was working hard for the match against Date Tech which was in a few weeks. Y/N had been practicing her libero, spiking and service skills. She had improved very well and was on the same level as Nishinoya. The boy was happy to have another reliable player in the team.

It had been four months since then. Four months since Y/N joined the volleyball club. Everything was going well. Y/N still had not told anyone about her secret or her 'problems'. To be honest in the team the most mysterious memeber was Y/N. Whenever asked about her life before Karasuno she would somehow dodge the question. That day when she told the team about her volleyball past was the only time they heard her talk about it.

Nishinoya looked at the girl beside him. These four months were very eventful with her. Everyone warmed up to the girl but she was the closest with Nishinoya and Kiyoko. The reason she was close to Nishinoya was the reason that he was the one who showed her the Volleyball Club and was the first one to accept her. Kiyoko was close to her as well because she could understand her worries.

However despite these four months he felt like he knew everything yet nothing about the girl. She was so closed off. No matter how much she smiled what put the team on the edge a bit was the fact that her eyes would sometimes become very dark or how her spikes would leave marks on the floor.

Y/N was a mystery to all.

"Hey Yu?" Nishinoya had asked her to call him by his name, he felt that if he could her by her first name then so should she.

"Yeah?" His brown eyes watched her green ones.

"The match against Date Tech. What are your thoughts on it?" She asked not meeting his eyes. Her gaze was to the starry sky above them.

"We will win of course! I mean we have our amazing Ace, Setter, Captain, and we also have you! Not to mention you guys have me to watch your backs!" He grinned while pointing to himself.

Oh Yu. If only...... I could tell you....

"Yu. I was thinking." Her eyes met his.

"Yeah?"

I could tell you....

"What if I never accepted to play in the team or if you never approached me? Would we still be friends? Would we still be friends if I never said that I liked volleyball?"

"Would it really matter? I mean the moment since you entered the classroom, I knew that I just had to be friends with you. Something about you made me feel warm even though we never met each other before. It's strange, even though I have never met you, I feel like you know me more than myself." He smiled with his hands in his pockets. Y/N smiled bittersweetly.