twenty-five

I haven't talked to Ashton in a few days, I think we both feel weird about what happened.

It was weird, I think the guys could tell something happened.

Right now, Michael is over, I doubt Ashton knows, like when Luke came over.

I stare off as I stand on the balcony, Michael joins me.

"Emma, you're driving Ashton insane." He says.

I puff out smoke and hand him my cigarette, he takes a drag while I talk.

"How so?" I question.

He hands me back the cigarette and puffs out the smoke before replying, "He's totally in love with you."

I take a drag and speak, letting the smoke out as I talk, "No, he isn't."

"He is. He's never been like this before."

"It doesn't mean he's in love with me." I tell him, putting out the cigarette.

"Did something happen?"

"What? Why?" I ask.

"You haven't been over in days, and you're both being weird."

"If I tell you, you won't tell anybody right?"

"Did you two finally fuck?" He questions.

"No! But we did kiss... Make out... Something... I don't know..." I mumble.

"Finally!"

"Finally?"

"Yes, finally! Are you two gonna talk about it? Get together?"

"We said we'd still be friends." I mutter.

"You guys are so in love!"

"Stop yelling! We aren't in love with each other! I- he's not in love."

Michael just smirks, but doesn't say anything.

"What?"

"You didn't say you aren't in love. You said you two aren't in love, you said he isn't in love."

"I'm not in love with Ashton." I reply.

"Emma, why wouldn't you date Ashton?"

"I like things the way they are, I don't think we have feelings strong enough for us to date, you guys leave in a month and I'm pretty sure your fans would hate me."

"You shouldn't be afraid of you two changing, and you totally have feelings for each other. Who cares if we leave in a month? And I doubt the fans would hate you."

"So you're saying your fans wouldn't call me a slut, or a whore, maybe a freak, ugly-"

"Emma-"

"Michael, I've seen it. They've said it about me already." I whisper.

"I- I was hoping you'd never see it." He mumbles.

"Whatever, it happens."

"That doesn't mean it's okay."

"It's fine, Michael." I mutter, heading back into my room.

I sit on my bed, Michael sits next to me.

"Are you going to tell Ashton how you feel?"

"About what?"

"Him."

"I don't feel anything like that towards him!" I chuckle, rolling my eyes, just trying to convince him there's no feelings.

He sighs, "Fine, whatever. But I know, that kiss, totally changed things for you two. I know he's probably just as confused as you are. I'm totally gonna talk to him about this, but you and Ashton need to talk about this and how you feel and everything before we leave, because it's coming soon."