six

"Em? You ready?" Brit questions as she knocks on the door.

"Yea, one second." I tell her, putting finishing touches to my makeup.

"You've got your bikini on right?" She asks.

I groan, "Yes."

The party tonight is actually at a beach house, and Britney is making me wear "proper attire" to it.

Opening the door, I sigh and Britney groans.

"Took you long enough." She states.

"Well sorry." I roll my eyes.

We head to my car and I sigh, "Alright, some rules for tonight. No drugs, no hook ups and ditching me, no trying to set me up. Got it?"

"Okay so the hook up thing can happen just as long as I don't leave with them? That's fine." She smirks. "Now let's go! It takes just over half an hour to get there!"

I give her a look before driving off.

-

"I really don't want to be here." I mutter as we pull up.

"It's going to be fun!" Brit exclaims.

"Whatever." I mumble.

We get out of the car and walk up to the house.

Stepping inside there's nowhere near as many people as there are in the backyard, which is the beach.

Brit grabs two drinks as passes one to me.

She chugs the whole drink by the time we get to the backyard.

Somebody calls for Britney and she gives me an apologetic look before going off to see whoever that was.

"Great. Just great.." I mutter to myself.

I finish my drink and put down the empty cup before I walk down the small beach to a less busy area. I pull out a cigarette and my lighter from my pocket.

I've been smoking more often lately, I really need to stop this. But it's usually when I can feel my anxiety, and I definitely can right now.

Bringing the cigarette to my lips, I light it. I take a seat in the sand as I puff out the smoke and stare out at the waves.

I hear somebody walking down the beach and when I turn to look I notice it's Ashton.

What the fuck is with this?

"Emma?" He questions.

I chuckle, "Yea, it's me."

He comes and sits next to me in the sand and looks to me.

"What are you doing here?" He asks.

"My cousin dragged me here. What are you doing here?" I ask the same thing.

"My bandmates dragged me here." He replies with a soft giggle.

"I'll go get us some drinks, I'll be back." He smiles.

I return the smile as he stands up.

A few moments after he leaves, Britney notices me and comes over.

"Why aren't you enjoying the party? Why are you sitting here?" She asks.

"Well Ashton's here and he just went to get us drinks. Here he comes now." I say.

She quickly sits down down next to me making me give her a weird look.

"I know him. Well I don't really know him, I hooked up with one of the guys in his band and I saw him the next morning." She tells me.