fifteen

"Em." Britney says through the phone, "My parents are having that dumb party for their twenty-fifth anniversary, your dad told you right?"

I sigh, "Yea, he did."

Every five years her parents do this for their anniversary. They have a big party with their friends and family. I don't really like going to them, but I manage to make it through.

"So, I was told to tell you that you can bring somebody with you." She tells me. "They say since you're getting older you might have a guy in your life-"

"You could've told them I don't." I reply.

"But you have Ashton."

I groan, "He's a friend."

"So?"

"Everybody is going to think he's my boyfriend." I reply, laying back in my bed.

"Is that a bad thing?" She asks.

I sigh, "Yes. I don't want to explain to everybody that we're just friends."

"Well my parents expect you to show up with somebody, I mean, you don't have to but..."

"I want to bring him though because it gets so boring!" I let out a frustrated groan and bring my hand up to cover my eyes.

"Then bring him!" She shouts, obviously frustrated.

"I'll think about it." I mumble, ending the call.

I don't want to go to this, but I have to.

Also, asking him might be weird too.

My phone rings, and it's Britney calling me back.

"So, like, are we gonna go shopping together for our dresses?" She asks as soon as I pick up.

"Yea-"

"Can we go now?" She questions.

"I'm supposed to go somewhere with Ashton and Luke soon." I tell her.

She sighs, "Can't they just come with us? We don't have much time for shopping."

I groan, "But-"

"Just call me when you find out if they'll come with us or if you're busy okay?"

I sigh, "Whatever."

-

"I'm here you idiots! You all better have fucking clothes on this time!" I yell.

Ashton sighs, meeting me in the kitchen, "Okay, Emma. There's been a change in plans. I have to go to the studio, but Luke will still be here. Is that okay? I'm sorry."

"Oh, yea. That's okay. Your job is more important." I smile.

He happily sighs, "You're amazing."

"I know." I smirk.

"I'm late, I have to get going." He mumbles, rushing around.

"Emma!" Luke smiles, coming over to me.

"Hi." I chuckle.

"So, what's going on today?" Luke asks.

"Well, I was going to see if I could drag you guys out shopping with me and Britney." I reply.

"I'll come. I have nothing better to do." He mutters.

I roll my eyes, grabbing his hand and dragging him out of the house.

"Emma, where are we going?" He questions once we get to the car.

"To get Britney. Wait, you weren't the one who slept with her, right?" I ask.