Ch. 1- The Hill

I hope you like this story.

Music: Fool on the hill - Beatles

Picture: Eliza Rose

A quick description: Eliza Rose is one of her clans leaders. She is their main hunter and her new assignment is to locate and kill her enemy clans hunter. She does not know who this boy is, all she knows is that he is a danger to her clan. What she does not know is that this hunter has the same orders as her: find and kill his enemy; her.

now for the story:

__________________________

Eliza's POV:

Blood red clouds were scattered around an orange, yellow and red sunset. I sat under my weeping willow and watched as the fiery red ball descended behind the horizon.

This was the place I went to think. The place I decided what to do and who would be involved, or rather who would be fed upon. This was where I made all my big decisions. And the small ones. This was my hill, and this was where I belonged.

No one ever came up here other than me. It was too out of the way for anyone to be bothered to walk here in the middle of the night, or right after sunset as it was now. Or so I thought before I heard soft footsteps.

I stiffened and stopped breathing. It was a reflex when I was caught off guard. Luckily I was positioned behind my red weeping willow, obscured by the trunk and the long branches draped around the hill. I relaxed and breathed out slowly before stuffing ear buds underneath my hat. That way it would look like I had a reason for not responding to the footsteps. I could hear them grow closer slowly. They were not threatening in any way, more like someone who was silently enjoying the world around them. Listening to music by the sound of it. I could hear a soft tune coming closer, it sounded metallic, as though from a headset, and of course it would be. Nowadays nobody goes around at night with a boom box or radio; it was all private and headphoned now.

"Hey. Mind if I join you?" I was startled out of my thoughts, something that rarely happens since I am good at keeping my senses open while thinking about other things. "Um, hello?" I finally looked up at the owner of the voice.

"Uh, hi..." I trailed off, looking at him like an idiot.

"So, do you mind if I sit here, or should I buzz off and sniff flowers somewhere else?" His randomness reminded me of myself and I couldn't help but smile.

"No, you can sit wherever you want. Well apart from on me. Or on a cactus. That would hurt most humans, but I guess you could sit there if you wanted to..." Shut up me! Don't start rambling now. "And the top of Mount Everest, that would be hard to reach. Or a cloud..."

"I'm gonna stop you there, you're rambling." He told me with a bemused smile playing on his lips. He had nice lips, soft and full and slightly pink.

"The moon looks nice tonight." I looked up and nodded, even though I didn't really see it. I was looking at it, but it just wouldn't show itself properly to my eyes. All I could see was the boy sitting next to me, not looking at the moon.

"You should probably stop staring, it could be interpreted as creepy." Shit, why was I staring at him? He was human, under me. I was a hunter and he should be my prey. But somehow I just could not think of him that way. I shook off those thoughts, literally. He smiled as I shook my head, probably looking like a dog.

"Um, I, eh, uh..." I trailed and he smiled even more.

"I'm Joel. Don't you just love it here? Wait, don't answer that, I can tell you do, and who wouldn't. It's breathtaking." he chuckled softly, everything about him seemed soft and fragile. "What's your name?"

"Uh, Eliza?" It sounded more like a question than an answer, and I wasn't the only one who thought so.

"Haha, always answer with a question. That was my motto until I was kicked out of the house until I stopped." He said, amusement clear in his features. Then he added "I like to annoy people who shouldn't be annoyed, or anything else for that matter. I guess you can call me a bear-poker." I laughed thinking that he was just like me that way. But of course the likeness ended there.

"Yeah, I've done some weird things in my day." There was the lift-incident. Oh, and the time I decided to do the whole 'hidden camera' thing, only without the cameras. But that was before I had to take my responsibilities, and all the crap that came with it, seriously.

"What are you thinking about?" I blinked at his forwardness and when I opened my eyes again, he was staring into them with a look of awe and curiosity. His deep brown irises perfectly outlining the lighter brown that had dark streaks. Dark lashes flowed around the round outline of his eyes.

"You." SHIT! No way had that just slipped out. But it had, and I could see the amusement in Joel's eyes.

"Falling for my charm already?" Oh. My. God! I never got embarrassed, but everything has to have a first, unfortunately.

"Uh... I was joking. Really I was thinking about what an elephant would look like in a purple tutu." Why did I say that? Oh, right, because I was an idiot around this guy. He snickered.

"You know what?" Was I supposed to answer that? "You're cute when you're saying things that are impossible to understand. I wish I knew what was going on in your head."

"Did you just call me cute?" was my genius response.

"Maybe..." He said as a crooked smile crept onto his lips. Then he did something unexpected.

_________________________________

Cliffhanger!!! Sooo... What do you think he does?

Comment, vote and fan! Please >-<