Ch. 5- Ignorance

Dedicated to ir0nna because she made my awesome cover :D Check it out->

Sorry for the long wait... I've been super busy with school and theatre performances. 

We have had quite a few tests and essays, but now I've got easter holidays and I promise to write a bit every day... But I probably won't be able to post a new chappie every day though... Hopefully I can write some more for later on so that I can post more regularly. 

Just please don't expect too many uploads after this week cause we have four exams in the next three weeks :(

Well, aaaanyway... Music: "Ignorance" by Paramore

Picture of Anarel

Enjoy!!! :D

Oh and comment/vote/fan (that stuff)

Thanks for reading! :D

___________________________________

Eliza's POV:

I walked home from school, Daniel had texted me that he had already left and that he took the car with him. I must say I have a thoughtful and unselfish brother.

I sighed internally, he only ever left school early if something was really wrong. Like he broke a nail or had to go to the bathroom. Caring about school must run in the family. Not that I knew who, or what, my family was. I was not even quite sure Daniel was my brother. He might just have been some random kid I picked up off the street, and then decided I was full half way through draining him of blood. Well, at least we have blood-ties either way...

While walking I wondered what had happened to Joel. He was out of breath and slightly bloody when he came into class late. A few minutes later I had gotten the text from my brother and had decided to tune out everything else as I wanted to grumble about having to walk.

Of course I could have called Anarel, my clan's black-magic dude, or I could run, that would probably take less time than driving, and I didn't get tired so really it wasn't a problem. But I liked grumbling. It annoyed other people and gave me something to do.

A few useless thoughts later and I had reached my front door. Well, one of the many front doors. I basically lived in a castle. There were spires scattered around on the roof and big windows decorating every room. My room was all the way at the top, I liked having a view over everything and I could go out whenever i wanted without anyone noticing.

I slammed open the door and just to make sure all the super-sensitive hearing was aware of my presence I yelled out for Daniel that I was home. Then I threw my shoes into a corner, as loudly as possible, and sprinted over to the game-room. 

I took a running jump over the back of the sofa and landed on something soft and squishy. BINGO! Or maybe not...

"ELIZA! Get the hell off my face!" A very, seriously annoyed Anarel shouted in a somewhat muffled voice from under me. Oops...

"Why? I like it here, you're comfy!" I said in a childish manner while jumping up and down slightly. I got comfortable and readied myself for the shove that was bound to come.

"Eliza. If you don't move I won't help you. Ever again!" Anarel told me in a nice and calm voice, that only made him ten times more frightening.

"I don't need your help..." I trailed because to be honest, I was doomed without him. Really I was doomed with him as well. I noticed that for the umpteenth time as he flung me across the room using "the power of the spirits". Stupid magicians and their spells.

I got up and huffed the hair out of my face before stomping upstair to my room. At least I didn't have to deal with anyone up there. I thought.

As I opened the big black door to my room, I noticed someone on my bed. I recognized it as Daniel, but he was slightly more bloody than usual, and not in the he-just-ate way. There was a long cut along his jaw and his lip was bleeding. He also had a cut over his right eye.

"What happened?" I asked in a bored and annoyed voice.

He hesitated before answering me unsurely. "I got in a fight?"

"What happened?" I asked in a bored and annoyed voice. Again.

"I was walking back to school from my gym-class when these two boys came up to me and started to talk to me. One seemed a little like you. You know, he was on the crazy-side of life..." I hit him on the shoulder as he said the last part.

"Continue." I ordered as though nothing had happened.

"As I was saying, the weirdo asked me some questions and then out of nowhere he asks me if I'm a vampire! So I answer that yes, I am, and that I will eat him while he sleeps or something. Of course I say it sarcastically, but I'm thinking something along the lines of: shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, SHIT!"

"And?" I ask, wondering how this has anything to do with a fight.

"Well then he goes to jump behind his friend, and whispers 'why is he saying shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, SHIT!' I guess I just reacted on instinct, cause I pounced on them..." He trails as though he is afraid of how I will react.

I sigh and look at him disappointedly at him. "Where did you leave the bodies?"

"There aren't any bodies" He said slowly.

"What?" How could there not be bodies? He was in a fight with two humans and now there aren't any bodies. Even if he drained them there would still be some sort of evidence.

"As I pounced, they both pulled out some sort of weapon. One of them had a knife and a pocket knife and the other had two daggers."

"So? Weapons don't hurt us." I said, although I was becoming a little unsure of my statement as I looked at Daniel's cuts.

"They were poisoned or something, I mean they actually managed to hurt me." He said incredulously and sighed deeply before continuing. "I don't think they were normal humans. They moved much faster and with more strength than any other mortal I have ever seen. They got in a few punches before i managed to break the weirdoes arm. Then they ran away and I decided to leave it. I didn't want to get into anything without being prepared, and with weapons."

"But why are you telling me this? I'm in charge of fighting, not fleeing." I asked him.

"I found your hunter."