Ch. 27- Heroes

Hey, last upload today... :/

Song: Heroes by All Time Low

Dedicated to KatieG123 for commenting so much and fanning etc. (I'm pretty sure you managed to excplode my e-mail account ;D)

Sorry that it's so short (even for me) Hope you like it anyway :)

Enjoy!

_____________________

Recap:

Ch. 26 - Time bombEliza and Xander get together as a couple, but then as they are about to make a cake at Eliza’s castle, a fire starts and the castle burns down. Every one else gets out, but Xander didn’t make it out with Eliza when they rescued Daniel. Eliza goes back in to find him, but the smoke knocks her out. When she gets out Xander is lying lifeless in the grass.

Ch. 27- Heroes

Joel’s POV:

I was home. It looked the same, but felt so different. I walked slowly to the front door. My clothes were ragged and I was sure I looked like a mess. My hair was full of blood and sweat, and the same went for basically all of me.

When I opened the door I found myself face to face with a vampire. Not any vampire, the most powerful vampire in the world. I growled at him as I pushed past him. Whatever the reason for why he was here, I would not have to deal with him any more. Soon I wouldn’t have to deal with any of them. I would be free of all the stupid vampires and all the stupid feelings, and Xander would come along to keep me company. And if he annoyed me, I would send him back home. I was sick of the world trying to beat me down, so I decided to ignore the world for the time being.

I stomped up the stairs to Xander’s room, ready to drag him out of there. I slammed open the door and saw Eliza. Eliza kissing Xander. Xander looked a mess too, but he seemed perfectly happy letting my girlfriend kiss him. I let out a deep growl and they turned around to face me.

“Get out!” I yelled at Eliza. She froze and looked at me as though she was a deer in the headlights. I growled as I pushed past her deliberately knocking into her as hard as I could. I turned my back to her and ignored her, focusing on Xander. “Why the frikkin’ hell are there leeches all over this place?!” I said loudly, aiming to hurt Eliza’s feelings.

“Well, Eliza and I umm... That’s not so important. I was over at Eliza’s place making brownies, and then it started to burn and the whole place burnt down. I almost died, but Anarel put a spell on me so that I would live forever and I would stay the same age! And then the vamps didn’t have anywhere to go, because their home was burnt down, so I invited them to stay here.  And at first it was all really tense and awkward, but then people realized that they had things in common and that all the vampires were really just people too. We got over our differences and lived happily ever after, well until now. I want us to keep living happily ever after… And…” I stopped him.

“So the leeches live here. And it’s fine for everyone?! Hm? You’re all a bunch of stupid, stuck-up, hippies! You can all rot in hell along with your stupid flower-power! I thought you were my friend, Xander, how could you of all people do this to me?” I shouted and stormed out the door. A group of leeches were standing in the hall along with some hunters. “You should be killing each other!” I yelled at them and when one of them started interjecting I added a “Bite me!”

I stormed out of the castle and over to my car. I revved it up and sped my way to the airport. When I arrived, I stomped over to the check-in desk and ignored the big line.

“What’s the first flight out of this hellhole?” I asked the lady.

“There is a line you know.” She answered snidely. I growled at her.

“What is the first flight out of here?” I growled through gritted teeth.

“Uh. T-Thailand.” She said, looking very taken-aback.

“I’ll take it.”

Thailand is OK. It’s exotic, busy and filled with people. It keeps you on your feet, and makes it easy to keep your mind off unwanted things. I decided to leave my life behind, and begin anew. On my first day there, I traveled to the River Kwai in Western Thailand. There I met the abbot from the Wat Pa Luang Ta Bua Temple, otherwise know as the ‘Tiger Temple’.

I abandoned my idea of life and joined the temple. Every day I would walk with the abbot and we would care for the 34 tigers that lived in the temple and we would talk. He would teach me about the spiritual and the supernatural, but most of all, he would teach me more about vampires. There was only one thing that disrupted my peace of mind, and that was an ancient scroll the abbot would talk about almost every day without telling me anything.

For a year I stayed there, learning and living. I was at peace, until the abbot showed me the scroll. For a whole year I had never once thought about Eliza or Xander or any of the other people I used to know, but now they were force fed back into my life. For a year I had no intention of going back, but because of the scroll, I knew that in reality, all I had done was avoid the inevitable.