Ch. 24- I Will Not Bow

Yay, another chapter. Buhu, we're getting closer to the end. Yeah, I have mixed oppinions about this chapter.

Song: I Will Not Bow by Breaking Benjamin

Dedicated to HoneyBunnyXOXO for adding to library (thank you!)

Enjoy!

___________________

Recap:

Ch. 23 - Bad enough for you Joel arrives at the vampire convention centre in Forks and demands to see Eliza.  Meanwhile Eliza goes to see Xander and talk to him about advice on what to do about the Joel thing. This is when Xander realizes that he likes Eliza as more than just as a friend…

Joel’s POV:

“I think he’s awake.”

“The prisoner has been…”

“What should we do with him?”

I was in a dark room surrounded by pale people. My head was aching and I could feel something wet and sticky running down my chest. My arms were suspended above me, chained to something by the feel of it. I blinked and tried to focus on my surroundings, but my headache was filling every fiber of my body and the ache was spreading throughout the rest of my limbs.

“Ah… The human is awake.” A snide voice snarled and a pale young girl with long, flowing white-blond hair stepped forward. She was thin, her body caressed by what looked like a white nightgown. “Let’s have some fun.”

The vampires advanced on me. She was obviously their leader, and I could see why. Her blood red eyes had evil shining through them. The sight was terrifying, even for a Hunter. Such a young and innocent face, contorted by eyes of pure evil. The vampires were getting close, still advancing slowly.

“Where’s Eliza?” I mumbled. The pain from my head rendering me almost useless. I had no strength, and even the small act of speaking was exhausting.

“Oh, it speaks. What was that you said, love?” The girl said teasingly while walking up to me.

“Eliza. Where’s Eliza?” I whispered as she pushed herself against me, her hands caressing my face.

“Who is this Eliza?” She whispered against my ear.

“Eliza, the Hunter for the Rose-Clan.” I managed to say. When the girl heard who it was, her caressing hands turned to claws and she scratched my cheek before turning on her heel and stomping over to the other side of the room.

“You want to know where Eliza, the Hunter for the Rose-clan, is? Well how the hell should I know? She’s just slacking off as always. She thinks that just because her clan’s leader is the most powerful vampire in the world, she can get off all her duties. I heard that she didn’t even bother to kill that hunter she was ordered to kill. She’s just a no-good, lazy old cow! And she never even showed up to the meeting. If it’s her you’re looking for, then you deserve to rot in this hole. It’s typical of her to dabble with humans. Let’s go, I’ve had enough of this pestilent little worthless human.” I guess not everybody was as fond of Eliza as I was…