ch. 25- The Technicolor Phase

Not much left now...

There really isn't that much to say, other that sorry it's so short (I think I still have some lingering writersblock)

Song: The Technicolor Phase by Owl City (I'm not that pleased with the song-choise, but it was the best I could find... please come with suggestions to other songs if you think they would be better)

Dedicated to: suju157 for adding to library (thank you so much)

Enjoy :D

__________________________

Recap:

Ch. 24 - I will not bow Joel refuses to give in to the vampires. He decides to get back home, but he is low on money and morale. Xander goes over to Eliza’s castle to tell her that he loves her, but when he gets there he doesn’t dare do anything, not only because her clan has come back home.

Xander’s POV;

I walked away from the castle filled with vampires and towards the castle filled with people who killed and hated vampires. I didn’t really fit in to any of those castles. I was not a vampire, but I didn’t hate them and even though I was categorized as a Hunter, I had never killed a vampire. I didn’t want to have to choose where to go. All I wanted was for all of us to get along. But the likeliness of that happening was very small.

“Hey, Xander, right? Wait up.” Said a male voice I sort of recognized, but didn’t know well enough to tell who it was. So I turned around to see who wanted me to wait. It was Benjamin, Eliza’s clan’s leader.

“Why are you back early?” I accused him. It was his fault that I couldn’t tell Eliza that I loved her. I was angry at him, but he was nice the last time I talked to him, so I decided to not be too sulky.

“The meeting finished early, and Eliza seemed so sad when she went back home, I thought she might need some comforting.” He said, catching up to me. “She seemed happier when I met her this morning.”

“Did you bring her sweet things?” I asked him, hoping that he would say yes, and that he had some left over to give to me. but he shook his head.

“Was I supposed to?” Benjamin asked me back.

“My little Rosebud likes sweet things, so do I.” I told him matter-of-factly.

“Your little Rosebud?” He asked me with a raised eyebrow. Oops.

“Uh, yeah. I umm… I call Eliza Rosebud, because her name is Eliza Rose, and Rosebud is a nice name, and-“

“Yeah, but your little Rosebud? Is there something I should know?” Oh, no. I hated it when people acted like they were fathers. I had never been good at getting parents to like me. And this guy was very powerful, so he could probably squish me if I did or said anything he didn’t like.

“Um, no? Wait… yes? Which one is right?” I asked him, stepping slightly further away from him. He chuckled. I laughed uncertainly.

“The truth is the right answer. Is there anything going on between you and Eliza?” He smiled warmly at me. I was still scared out of my mind though…

“Um, no. I don’t think so… I mean, I want there to be, but you came home and I couldn’t tell her in front of you, and now I’m freaking out, so I’m rambling. And I really think I should slow down and maybe breathe? Should I breathe? I think I should… I’m going to breathe now.” I stopped to breathe. It was a good idea, breathing is good. It keeps you alive…

“What couldn’t you tell her?” Payton asked. By this time I was fairly certain that he was enjoying watching me suffer.

“That I love her. Or am I in love with her? What’s the difference really?” I said slowly, getting ready to get beaten to a pulp. It didn’t happen. All that happened was that Benjamin laughed and hugged me.