Ch. 21- When it Rains

Song: When it Rains by Paramore

Dedicated to arzoo123 for reading, voting and fanning, thanks :D

Enjoy :D

___________________

Recap:

Ch. 20 - Anthem of the Angels Xander decides to take it into his own hands to get Eliza and Joel together again, again. When he talks to Eliza he discovers that her clan is planning to move, and that she has to decide whether she wants to come with them, and probably never see Joel again, or leave the clan and stay where she is.

Joel’s POV:

I was at school, blegh. And to make it even worse, Eliza had broken up with me, and hadn’t turned up to school so that I could beg her to take me back. And to make it even worse than the worse than blegh, Xander had decided to stay home. Oh, and the cherry on top of the blegh-y icing: it was raining!

Class was extremely boring! And all I could think about was what an idiot I had been. Why did I let Eliza get away from me like that? How could I let her get away from me like that?

“Joel. Answer the question!” I looked helplessly up at my furious teacher. I guess she had been asking me for a while?

“Uh, 42?” I said.

“No, 42 did not win the battle at Waterloo.” Oops?

“But 42 is the answer to everything… We just don’t know what the question is yet.” Ted helped me out. I mouthed a ‘Thanks’ at him and he gave me a thumbs up and a ‘no prob’ back.

“Don’t get smart with me.” The teacher hissed at us. I was taken aback; the teachers were always cheery, a little too cheery. I looked around the classroom, no Georg, that would explain things.

“I thought we went to school to get smart.” I said innocently back, not caring that the teacher was already angry.

“No, we’re at school to bother teachers, duh.” Flynn joined in.

“I thought it was to learn…” Yuki said, trailing off when he saw all the mean looks we were giving him. He put his hands up in surrender. “ I’m not done yet! I thought it was to learn all the rules, so that we can break them.”

“No, it’s to get into trouble, and meet hot chicks.” Ethan said while doing a drum roll with his fingers on his desk.

“No, I heard it was so that you could make your collection of detention slips even bigger. And I would be glad to help with that.” Our teacher said as she handed each of us a detention slip.

“Yeah, you heard wrong. We don’t collect them. Well, not for long anyway, only long enough to get enough to use as ignition for fires. Of course for the actual fire we use school books.” Flynn said with a smirk.

We all laughed, mostly because it was actually true, but also because of the disapproving look our teacher gave us.

The rest of the day went pretty much the same. I was unable to focus on my classes. I got into trouble, the teachers were angry, Georg wasn’t there to make them happy, and Xander wasn’t there to make me happy.

I wondered what Eliza was doing. She had been suspended so she wasn’t aloud to come to school. And I couldn’t see her or talk to her. Why was it I had to fall in love with her?

All that went through my head the entire day was Eliza. Why did I say the things I did to Eliza? Would Eliza ever take me back? When would I see Eliza again? Would I see Eliza again? Where was Eliza now? What was Eliza doing? Where could I go to meet Eliza again? Eliza, Eliza, Eliza! I wanted to see her, talk to her, be with her.  Why did I say all that yesterday? Couldn’t she just have stayed long enough for me to explain?