Ch. 28- Guardian Angel

Hello again.

I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Music: Guardian Angel by Abandon all ships.

All there is left to say now is : ENJOY!

____________________

Recap:

Ch. 27 - Heroes Joel comes back to find that Eliza and Xander are a couple, and that all the vampires are living with the guild. He gets really mad and decides to go to Thailand. There he wanders, collecting all the information he can about vampires/supernatural things etc. He comes across an old script…

Eliza’s POV:

I watched as my ex boyfriend walked in the door of my current boyfriend’s room. Joel was back. At first we had wondered where he went and what he was doing, but as the weeks and months progressed, we forgot more and more about him. And now after a whole year without any contact, he was standing in front of us, holding an old roll of parchment.

I was unsure of how to react. I mean, I used to have feelings for this boy, strong feelings. But then he went away and I didn’t hear from him at all, and now he shows up out of nowhere?

“Joel. Please don’t kill me, but I’m dating Eliza…” Xander said slowly. Backing slowly away from Joel to stand behind me.

“Haha. That’s great! You two are the perfect couple. Me and Eliza… I’m glad we never managed to kiss! Hah… that would’ve been gross.” We both stared at him in disbelief. What the hell had happened to that guy?

“Ok. I know I’m pretty random and weird and strange and all that, but what is going on here?” Xander looked so cute when he was confused. It made me giggle, and then blush.

“After I left this place, I went to Thailand and became the student of the abbot of the Wat Pa Luang Ta Bua Temple. He showed me this prophecy.” Joel said as he unrolled the ancient piece of paper.

Duo magni milites separata per mortem, quando veritas de se et videbunt reconcilio ueteres fiebant erit corrige.

“It’s Latin. It means something along the lines of: ‘Two great warriors separated at death, when they reunite they will see the truth about themselves and the wrongs that were done will be set right.’ It’s about us, Eliza. I’m your twin brother.”

I stared at him, concentrating on not letting my jaw drop. Joel was my twin? But that was impossible! He was human, he was my age, he aged! How was that possible?

“Why are you human?” Xander asked slowly, still hiding behind me.

“I’m not. I was dead, but then a magician brought me back to life, sort of like with you. But this happened a long time ago. The abbot explained that I couldn’t remember, because the magician who brought me back to life also put a mental block on me so that I wouldn’t realize what I was until I saw the prophecy.” Joel explained.

“It means that we were never meant to be. Oh, and the abbot said something about sand and roses belonging together… But I have no idea what he meant.”

“Who is this abbot guy?” I asked, genuinely curious. I still couldn’t believe that my long lost twin brother was my ex, and I needed to hear it from someone I could trust.

“He’s in Thailand. He’s the leader of sorts of the ‘Tiger Temple’… He’s the one who took care of me, was my teacher and showed me the scroll. He was also in charge of the tigers.” Joel explained.

“Well, if he’s in Thailand, then let’s all go to Thailand!” Xander exclaimed.

Xander’s POV: