Part Twenty-Six

A/N: Woo! Two in one week! xD It's the least I could do, for keeping you all waiting so long. It's kinda short, but it's an important addition to the story. xD Enjoy! All my love - B :) Oh, and dedication for lucky number 49! Congrats xD

- - -

Part Twenty-Six

When Link entered the first room again, everything was quiet. It felt like an eternity since he'd first been there, and he was expecting something to have gone wrong, but nothing had.

Cautiously, he stepped up to the pedestal in the center of the room, and he reached inside the pouch to pull out the yellow orb, and he placed it where the carvings read the colors name.

He stepped back, and a process similar to that of the first orb started. The yellow orb lit up bright, filling up almost the entire room, before it snapped back, and began filling it's own pipe with the enchanted yellow light. It swirled across the ground, traveled up the walls, and danced across the ceiling, before it traveled back down the wall and to one of the heavy rock doors, and began to fill the circles and vine shapes with the yellow light. Lastly, it filled the three triangles he'd been seeing all over the place, and the door slid open, revealing another barred window behind what he assumed was the same enchanted floor that would bring him to the second story again.

Link. The wisp spoke up before he could make a move toward the doors. The Triforce. The three triangles are called the Triforce. Zelda did mention this to you, right?

Link nodded.

Legends have been passed down since the beginning of time about the creation of the Triforce. It is said the three Golden Goddesses descended from the heavens and created these lands. They were called Din - Goddess of Power, Nayru - Goddess of Wisdom, and Farore - Goddess of Courage. When the three Goddesses ascended back into heaven they left behind a relic - the Triforce. It is said that if a person with an equal balance of Power, Wisdom, and Courage were to touch the Triforce, they would be granted one wish. If this person were to be of good heart, then Hyrule and all it's lands would fall into a golden era of peace, but if this person were to be evil at heart, Hyrule would fall into dark ages.

However, if a person without that equal balance were to touch the Triforce, the Triforce would split into it's three separate pieces - power, wisdom, and courage - leaving only one - the one that best personifies the one who touched it - in hand. The other two are distributed to others of destiny who best personify that piece of the Triforce.

Right now, the Triforce has not been touched for many years, five hundred, more or less, but we know that if it were to split at the hands of Ganondorf, you and I- uh... Zelda would receive the Triforce pieces of Courage and Wisdom, as is your destiny, Link. Although you do not possess the Triforce of Courage as of now, you do possess the qualities of it, and the ghost of the Triforce rests within your soul, giving you an increment of it's sacred power, as the Triforce of Wisdom does within mine and in Zelda's, and as the Triforce of Power does with Ganondorf.

The wisp's voice changed to that of the current Zelda, and she continued to explain.

Ganondorf is getting closer and closer to the location of the Triforce. If we do not stop him, it is possible that he will gain possession of the entire Triforce, as he did not maintain his heart when he took possession of my body. If the balance was maintained within my body, he could very well send Hyrule into dark ages.

If you can stop him before he takes the Triforce while in my body, there will still be hope for Hyrule, if you can defeat him. If Ganondorf maintains the entire Triforce, you will not be able to stop him, Link. I'm sorry, but it is true. You have to separate him from my body before he reaches the Triforce. It's our only hope.

"I understand." He said with a nod of his head.

Good. I'll not waste anymore of your time. You don't have long to get out of the Forest before it starts to take your soul. While you continue your quest, I'll continue my search for your past life, and try to find answers. Best of luck, young hero.

He nodded again, and then he felt her presence disappear.

We must hurry, Link. The wisp said.

Taking that as his leave, he went to the newly opened door, and waited as the floor rose up high, and stopped in front of the door clearly marked with the word YELLOW.

- - -

A/N: Sorry, my explanation of the Triforce kinda sucks :/ But, I did my best. Hope you liked it anyway xD Vote maybe? Comments make me happy, too! xD