Part Twenty-Nine

Part Twenty-Nine

The yellow Zardence's skull crashed loudly against the mirror, effectively shattering it to bits. Drops of blood along with shiny shards of glass sprinkled the ground, and that's when Link charged at it. He ran and jumped at where he guessed the beast's neck was, straddling it with his dagger ready in hand. He could see with his own eyes the multiple scratches and shallow cuts that littered the Zardence's skin, but he didn't have enough time to find one large enough to stab his dagger into, as the beast rose up, jostling him, and shook it's head roughly in an attempt to shake him off.

            When the shaking stopped, Link flipped from its back, landing just a few feet away from it, dagger poised and ready as he watched it from a mirror high up in the top corner of the room. For a moment, the beast just stared at him, and not a muscle was moved between them. With the cuts in the beast’s skin, streaks of blood now outlined the beasts head, tracing the crevices of its eyes, its nose, and mouth before sliding down its sharp fangs and then dripping to the stone floor of the room.

            If Link didn't draw the beast's attention away from him somehow, he knew the beast would attack him directly, and he didn't know if he could afford that kind of blow. Very deliberately, he turned his head to look at a mirror directly to his right. His plan working, the beast, too, turned its head. When it saw its own reflection, the beast again screeched in rage and charged at the mirror across the room, but, as Link was unable to see most of the Zardence's body with his own eyes; he didn't see it coming at him through the mirror until it was almost too late.

            The hero jumped at the last second, and landed directly on top of the beast as it charged forward. He crouched down, his fingers touching the beast's scaled skin as its body swerved viciously back and forth as it moved at a gut wrenching speed across the room to the mirror. There was a crash and shards of the mirror flew everywhere, a large one narrowly missing Link's head before it smashed point first into the wall and busted into bits of glass.

            Looking back to the Zardence, he realized it now had a large gash running from between its eyes all the back across its skull and a little ways down its neck. Perfect.

            The beast turned its head to look for him, and realizing where he was, shook its body so suddenly and harshly that it flung Link across the room, skidding along the stone floor on his back. In a panic, Link realized his dagger had been knocked from his hand and had clattered across the floor at least twenty feet away from where he lay on his back.

            Link scrambled to his feet as the beast slinked forward slowly, glaring at him. He moved towards the dagger, and realizing this, the beast began to move faster towards him. He ran for the dagger just as the beast charged at him, and he jumped, rolling on his back across the floor, just as the beast reached him. His fingers somehow grasped the cool handle of the blade and he brought both of his hands forward, aiming for the spot on its head where it had gashed itself open. The beast hit him just as he did so, sending him flying across the room, luckily hitting the wall instead of a mirror.

            Link coughed trying to get his breath back and looked up at the beast that had just let out a sickening scream. When he saw his dagger poised and glinting on top of its bloodied skull, he knew he had won. As Link struggled to his feet, the beast started to fling itself around the room, smashing mirrors and injuring itself even further. Eventually, the Zardence stopped moving, its large body pounding to the ground just as it became visible. And then, in a puff of purple smoke, the yellow Zardence dissipated, and the silver dagger and the purple glass orb clinked to the ground as Link's feet.

            The young warrior let out a breath, as he stooped to pick up the two items. He sheathed his dagger and dropped the purple orb into the enchanted pouch the wisp had given him. Then he exited the room to the curved hallway carpeted in yellow, and then went out the wooden door that would bring him back down to the first floor.

A/N: Wow guys. Been a while, huh? Guess my long lived break is over for the time being :) I know, I know. I'm sucky. The suckiest. You have permission to hate me. :( I'm a bad person. I swear if I don't get any hate mail, I'll be surprised :p So, it's short, I know. I'm sorry, but since when have my Chapters not been short? It's to be expected :p This barely made two pages on word, so... I dunno where I'm going with this. Um..... Yeah. Hope you enjoyed it and it wasn't too predictable.

Oh, but I wanted to tell you guys. This morning I woke up to a comment from @BlazerBoy, telling me that I just HAD to update, and for some reason, the juices just started flowing and fifteen minutes later Part Twenty-Nine is finally finished :p So thanks for that. I'll dedicate to the next lucky number once I hunt it down :)