Part Ten

A/N: No dedication this time :( The lucky number has yet to be reached, and the only person who commented on the last part got that part dedicated to them, (you know who you are :p) so sadly, this part goes undedicated unless someone leaves me an awesome comment xD don't get me wrong, I still love you, I was just letting you all know the reason behind the lack of dedication-ness xD Get excited, we're getting close to the FIRST TEMPLE!!!

Part Ten

It wasn't long before he heard it. He was coming to a clearing that crossed his path on the map when soft, whimsical music met his ears.

The tune was beautiful. The closer he got to the clearing, the more pronounced the music became. He began to feel the rhythm and the articulation of each of the notes. It was almost as if he could feel the music rushing through him, straight to his soul.

He kept walking and the wall of trees began to dwindle to one side of him. The clearing broke out before him and that’s when he saw them. One was a woman, a wood sprite older than both Iredean and Jayrend. He hair was a rich mahogany brown, her eyes he knew to be black we hidden as she looked down at her arm. She wore brown cloth clothing, similar in style to Iredean's leaves, and a purple gem necklace on a gold chain around her neck.

She was completely bandaged over her torso, neck, and left arm, and she wore segments of bandaging over parts of her legs. She was slowly wrapping her right wrist in a bandage.

For a split second he saw the burn underneath, but it didn't look like anything he expected. He almost recognized the shape but then it was gone, covered by the white bandages.

The other wasn't a wood sprite, though he had red hair, he didn't bare bandages or burns, and he wore a soldiers uniform. If Link looked hard enough, he could almost see the trees through the mans figure.

It was the man that played the music, his eyes closed as he stood next to the woman.

Link, that's it. The wisp said quietly. The Instrument of Separation.

The instrument was long and wooden, and the man held it to one side of his head as he blew into it on one end, his fingers dancing along the holes in the wood.

It's called a Flute. The wisp told him.

He didn't speak, but he kept watching the two. When the woman finished wrapping her arm, she looked up. The music stopped abruptly, and the man disappeared before Link's eyes.

"Who's there?" The woman asked, standing up on bare feet. Link stepped out from behind the trees. "Who are you?"

Link was about to speak when the red streaks fell from the trees over their heads. He recognized Iredean and Jayrend as they stood in front of him.

"Mom." Iredean said, stepping forward. "This is, Link. He's agreed to help us with our problem."

"Our problem?" Their mother questioned. "What problem?"

"Mother, you remember, don't you?" Jayrend asked her. "The monster in the tower."

"Of course I remember." She said. "I thought you and Solire were taking care of it."

"Mom, Solire-"

"Where is your sister anyway?" She asked. "I haven't seen Solire since you left for the tower ... some... time... ago..." She trailed off as if she couldn't remember.

"We'll talk later." Iredean interrupted whatever Jayrend was about to say. "Link, this is my mother, Adalane."

Link nodded to the woman in greeting.